Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How much do used DVD's go for?

How much do used DVD's go for?

Bill

I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.

On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?

Maybe $10 each? Thanks

Grand Inquisitor

Bill wrote:
> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.

Why?

> On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?

Consider yourself lucky to get $2-5 for each DVD. I know a place that
gives either fifty cents each, or a dollar store credit for each DVD,
and after shopping around I consider that a good deal.

> Maybe $10 each? Thanks

ROTFL
If you find a store willing to pay you this much, let me know. Also
many stores will not take older movies, so beware. If it was made
before 1970 you'll have a hard time selling it. Maybe you should sell
the whole kit and kaboodle in one big package on E-Bay.

--
"Hey, I bet people will buy my ugly shirts if I put my name on them."
--Tommy Hilfiger

Grand Inquisitor

Stan Brown

"Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
>I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
>On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
>Maybe $10 each? Thanks

Depends on which titles, and where you sell them.

With Hollywood selling quite a lot of used DVDs for $5.99, I think
an average of $10 is awfully optimistic.

http://OakRoadSystems.com

JWB

news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
> On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
> Maybe $10 each? Thanks

You *might* get $10.00 for some super special editions or box sets that
still retail for $30-$60. But it's doubtful. Used DVD's usually retail
anywhere from $5-$10 (depending on the title), so you could expect to get
perhaps $3 each.

You may get more if you try to sell the whole lot on Ebay. But if most (or
even some) of your titles are mainstream, it's going to be hard to find a
buyer. I mean, most people already have The Lord of the Rings.

Used DVD's are essentially worthless. Unless you need the money for food,
it's probably not worth selling them.

HellRazor

news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
> On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
> Maybe $10 each? Thanks

Depends on the DVD. Out-of-print DVD's can net quite a bit on Ebay,
depending on the title.

Otherwise, expect between $5 and $15 per DVD using Ebay. A lot less if
selling them to a store or something locally.

HellRazor

Big_Orange

Once again nobody answering knows their butt from a hole in the ground, and
the OP is just as dumb because all he had to do is look on ebay at completed
auctions.

Search for DVD lots.

luminos

"Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once again nobody answering knows their butt from a hole in the ground,

and
> the OP is just as dumb because all he had to do is look on ebay at

completed
> auctions.
>
> Search for DVD lots.

How stupid are you? Do you read the response that noted the stupidity of
ebay buyers. No, you didn't.

Impmon

On Fri, 28 May 2004 00:28:45 GMT, "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
>On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
>Maybe $10 each? Thanks

A dollar for some little known movie to a hundred or so for a special
version like Criterion.

Just search eBay's past auction and find out the average ending price
for each DVD. Realistically you'd probably get around $500 for the
whole lot.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Hubert Borrmann

You may want to check this site : www.mediaexchange123.com.
They buy and sell DVD's and have a listing of used DVD's they have for
sale and also a listing of the DVD's they buy with the prices they
pay.
If you type in the UPC code you will get the accurate price this
company is paying.
I have personally delt with them a number of times, buying and
selling, without any problems.
For what that is worth,
Hubert.

news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
> On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
> Maybe $10 each? Thanks

JWB

"Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once again nobody answering knows their butt from a hole in the ground,

and
> the OP is just as dumb because all he had to do is look on ebay at

completed
> auctions.
>
> Search for DVD lots.

so he got $5.60 each, and has to ship free.