Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Gladiator Forerunner???

Gladiator Forerunner???

Hawkeye

Howdy all.
I'm hoping some of you movie buffs here could help me out.
Years ago I saw a movie I believe was made in the 1950's whose ending
was really similiar to the ending of the movie "Gladiator", starring
Russell Crowe. I believe it was in black and white. It had the same
circle of Roman soldiers in which an evil emporer battled a heroic
general to the death with the emporer losing. I've never seen it but
that one time on a late nite tv show. I'd totally forgotten about it
untill I watched "Gladiator", now it's bugged me ever since. Does
anyone here remember the movie??? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Puzzled,
Haukeye

hnow

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Hawkeye) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Howdy all.
> I'm hoping some of you movie buffs here could help me out.
> Years ago I saw a movie I believe was made in the 1950's whose ending
> was really similiar to the ending of the movie "Gladiator", starring
> Russell Crowe. I believe it was in black and white. It had the same
> circle of Roman soldiers in which an evil emporer battled a heroic
> general to the death with the emporer losing. I've never seen it but
> that one time on a late nite tv show. I'd totally forgotten about it
> untill I watched "Gladiator", now it's bugged me ever since. Does
> anyone here remember the movie??? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Puzzled,
> Haukeye

Fall of the Roman Empire (1964)

SJ

Spartacus?

"Hawkeye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Howdy all.
> I'm hoping some of you movie buffs here could help me out.
> Years ago I saw a movie I believe was made in the 1950's whose ending
> was really similiar to the ending of the movie "Gladiator", starring
> Russell Crowe. I believe it was in black and white. It had the same
> circle of Roman soldiers in which an evil emporer battled a heroic
> general to the death with the emporer losing. I've never seen it but
> that one time on a late nite tv show. I'd totally forgotten about it
> untill I watched "Gladiator", now it's bugged me ever since. Does
> anyone here remember the movie??? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Puzzled,
> Haukeye

Tony

Fall of the Roman Empire (Steven Boyd, Sophia Loren, James Mason
amongst others)

On Mon, 31 May 2004 13:39:10 -0400, "SJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Spartacus?
>

>"Hawkeye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Howdy all.
>> I'm hoping some of you movie buffs here could help me out.
>> Years ago I saw a movie I believe was made in the 1950's whose ending
>> was really similiar to the ending of the movie "Gladiator", starring
>> Russell Crowe. I believe it was in black and white. It had the same
>> circle of Roman soldiers in which an evil emporer battled a heroic
>> general to the death with the emporer losing. I've never seen it but
>> that one time on a late nite tv show. I'd totally forgotten about it
>> untill I watched "Gladiator", now it's bugged me ever since. Does
>> anyone here remember the movie??? Any help would be greatly
>> appreciated. Thanks!
>>
>> Puzzled,
>> Haukeye

Jay Stewart

Do you ever watch gladiator movies, Jimmy?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

OCZ Gladiator Max Ian Front Page News 0 01-02-2009 04:59 PM
Gladiator 3 disc Dragon DVD Video 16 09-19-2005 08:59 PM
strange "Gladiator" Collectors Edition question..... Mr. Moe DVD Video 6 03-11-2005 03:55 PM
"Gladiator" Gold Series Maverick Dude DVD Video 2 06-08-2004 11:46 PM
Gladiator 6.1 - confused! Iain Mackenzie DVD Video 6 11-09-2003 01:23 AM

Advertisments