Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > OT? Dual Display cards

OT? Dual Display cards

Mike Dobony

This might be a bit off topic, but I don't know what other NG would be
appropriate. I am looking for video cards that will run 2 displays. My son
had one a number of years ago, but he sold it and I can't find any others.

---

Yellow Submarine

"Mike Dobony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c92t5h$22g$(E-Mail Removed)
> This might be a bit off topic, but I don't know what other NG would be
> appropriate. I am looking for video cards that will run 2 displays.
> My son had one a number of years ago, but he sold it and I can't find
> any others.

Plenty of video cards based on NVidia's MX and FX chip sets run 2
displays.

The MX chips are the low end
http://shopper.cnet.com/4007-5_9-0.h...ia+mx&x=40&y=7

....and the FX chips are the high end.
http://shopper.cnet.com/4007-5_9-0.h...p&qt=nvidia+fx

--
YS

Karl S

On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:02:52 -0500, "Mike Dobony"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This might be a bit off topic, but I don't know what other NG would be
>appropriate. I am looking for video cards that will run 2 displays. My son
>had one a number of years ago, but he sold it and I can't find any others.

I am using two Matrox G450 DualHead cards and four monitors. These
cards are great for business type applications, but probably not for
the latest games.

Karl

Pug Fugley

Matrox G450 is still the best for picture quality, and most Radeon based
cards have dual output. It's fairly common these days.

"Mike Dobony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c92t5h$22g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This might be a bit off topic, but I don't know what other NG would be
> appropriate. I am looking for video cards that will run 2 displays. My

son
> had one a number of years ago, but he sold it and I can't find any others.
>

> ---

Galley

On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:02:52 -0500, "Mike Dobony"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>This might be a bit off topic, but I don't know what other NG would be
>appropriate. I am looking for video cards that will run 2 displays. My son
>had one a number of years ago, but he sold it and I can't find any others.
>

>---

You may want to consider the ATI All-In-Wonder 9600. It has video capture, a TV
tuner with PVR-capabilities, a remote control, Directx 9-support, and of course,
dual VGA output. It's a bargain at $129.00 http://www.newegg.com/

Galley