Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy DVD Box Set

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy DVD Box Set

Big_Orange

What's the purpose of this set? I saw it at Wal Mart it was about 65 bucks.
That's 21.66 per movie and the new one is only 15.86.

Any reason to buy these as a set since I have none of them yet, or should I
buy them separately?

Thanks in advance!

BO

Jay G

Big_Orange <@> wrote:
> What's the purpose of this set? I saw it at Wal Mart it was about
> 65 bucks. That's 21.66 per movie and the new one is only 15.86.
>
> Any reason to buy these as a set since I have none of them yet, or
> should I buy them separately?

Well, with the box-set, you get the nice box....

If buying them seperately is cheaper you can go that route,
the box set has nothing in the way of added features. Don't
forget that the first two films have extended versions on DVD
as well, with extra film footage as well as lots more making-of
footage.

-Jay

TSKO

"Jay G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Big_Orange <@> wrote:
> > What's the purpose of this set? I saw it at Wal Mart it was about
> > 65 bucks. That's 21.66 per movie and the new one is only 15.86.
> >
> > Any reason to buy these as a set since I have none of them yet, or
> > should I buy them separately?

> Well, with the box-set, you get the nice box....
>
> If buying them seperately is cheaper you can go that route,
> the box set has nothing in the way of added features. Don't
> forget that the first two films have extended versions on DVD
> as well, with extra film footage as well as lots more making-of
> footage.
>
> -Jay

Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are great......but if
you only want one version...go for the extended....

Shinner

"TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news%Qsc.677$(E-Mail Removed):

> Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
> extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
> great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?

ChrisK

> Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
>
> That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
November...

Derek Janssen

ChrisK wrote:

>>Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
>>
>>That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

> Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
> November...

http://www.netflix.com

Derek Janssen
(E-Mail Removed)

Biz

"Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94F4DCB498E05myemailsomeservercom@207.69.1 54.206...
> "TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news%Qsc.677$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
> > extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
> > great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

> got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?

It was posted a few days ago, it was b4 Christmas, possibly November.

Biz

"ChrisK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1_Ssc.11057$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
> >
> > That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

> Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
> November...

Whats preventing you from renting it?

ChrisK

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SWVsc.69418$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ChrisK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1_Ssc.11057$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
> > >
> > > That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

> > Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now

and
> > November...
> >

> Whats preventing you from renting it?

Nothing. But:

a) I'd like to watch it more than once (and not just in one week)

b) I enjoyed the movie and it will probably get many rescreenings like the
other two have done so I consider this one a no-brainer

c) To me $20 isn't all that much to spend on a movie.

Yes, I can use Netflix but I also like to *own* this title...

FA: Star Wars Trilogy Box Set 4 5 6 DVD Phantom Menace lot dvd9@excite.com DVD Video 1 05-14-2006 09:35 PM
Best Lord of the Rings box set? asahitoro@nospam.com DVD Video 10 06-24-2005 07:35 AM
Sales for The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy (Special Extended DVD Edition) [12 DVDs]? ANTant@zimage.com DVD Video 7 12-19-2004 09:26 AM
DIE HARD TRILOGY BOX SET IQ DVD Video 3 10-08-2004 07:26 PM
Lord of the Rings: The Deluxe Trilogy Boxed DVD Set? Modemac DVD Video 17 12-29-2003 02:39 AM

Advertisments