Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy DVD Box Set

Reply
Thread Tools

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy DVD Box Set

 
 
TSKO
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2004

"Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94F4DCB498E05myemailsomeservercom@207.69.1 54.206...
> "TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news%Qsc.677$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
> > extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
> > great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

>
> got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?



has not been announced.....but going to happen before xmas
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
TSKO
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2004

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UVVsc.69411$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns94F4DCB498E05myemailsomeservercom@207.69.1 54.206...
> > "TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news%Qsc.677$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > Go for the extended editions. I myself have both the theatrical and
> > > extended (being the big fan I am)...and both versions are
> > > great......but if you only want one version...go for the extended....

> >
> > got the release date for the extended LOTR handy?
> >

>
> It was posted a few days ago, it was b4 Christmas, possibly November.
>
>


If you are going to watch it mult times...I would buy the theatrical..

Both the theatrical and extended hold up on there own...both are great
movies. PPl on here can get ****ed off all they want about having 2
versions come out in the same year....but if I remember correctly, and I
do....Jackson stated that there would be 2 versions of each movie coming
out. So it wasnt like a "shadey" thing going on. Buy both (hey, I am just
helping out Uncle Peter)...enjoy them for what they are (great movies)...and
be happy

BTW...Target has it for $15 right now


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark W
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2004

"Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the purpose of this set?





It rhymes with '$$$'. No actually it *is* $$$


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Kohary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2004
ChrisK wrote:
>> Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
>>
>> That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.

>
> Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now
> and November...


Just rent, or buy it anyway. It's only $15.

Mike


 
Reply With Quote
 
TSKO
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2004

"Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
news:40b4db95$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What's the purpose of this set?

>
>
>
>
> It rhymes with '$$$'. No actually it *is* $$$
>
>


.....and it will bring in a lot of it


 
Reply With Quote
 
Justin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2004
Derek Janssen wrote on [Wed, 26 May 2004 14:21:07 -0700]:
>
>
> ChrisK wrote:
>
>> "Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:SWVsc.69418$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>"ChrisK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:1_Ssc.11057$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>>>>Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
>>>>>
>>>>>That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.
>>>>
>>>>Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
>>>>November...
>>>
>>>Whats preventing you from renting it?

>>
>> Nothing. But:
>>
>> a) I'd like to watch it more than once (and not just in one week)
>>
>> b) I enjoyed the movie and it will probably get many rescreenings like the
>> other two have done so I consider this one a no-brainer
>>
>> c) To me $20 isn't all that much to spend on a movie.
>>
>> Yes, I can use Netflix but I also like to *own* this title...

>
> Hear a neat version's coming out in November.


And the version I've seen came out yesterday.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Derek Janssen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2004


ChrisK wrote:

> "Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:SWVsc.69418$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>"ChrisK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:1_Ssc.11057$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>>Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
>>>>
>>>>That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.
>>>
>>>Only thing about this is that I'd like something to watch between now and
>>>November...

>>
>>Whats preventing you from renting it?

>
> Nothing. But:
>
> a) I'd like to watch it more than once (and not just in one week)
>
> b) I enjoyed the movie and it will probably get many rescreenings like the
> other two have done so I consider this one a no-brainer
>
> c) To me $20 isn't all that much to spend on a movie.
>
> Yes, I can use Netflix but I also like to *own* this title...


Hear a neat version's coming out in November.

Derek Janssen (travel in the right circles!)
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Shinner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2004
Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40b3f764$0$3136
$(E-Mail Removed):

> Yeah: Soon, and there is one.
> That's *enough* to make me not buy the theatrical.


me too since I bought the extended versions of the first 2....just thought
there would have been a release date by now.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Shinner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2004
"TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1f1tc.13891$eH1.6551599
@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com:

> has not been announced.....but going to happen before xmas


good enough...if the kids just have to see it now, I'll rent and wait it
out.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Wade365
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2004
Of COURSE Ethey're going to wait until Xmas time to sell the extended
versions... they make you slog through all of the drek out there in the summer
months grinding your fuzzy little Hobbit-Heals into the ground, waiting for a
"Go"... and then right as everyone is slavvering to spend their hard-earned
shekals on themselves and the ones they, love, the finger will be pulled from
the damn and it will be LOTR over-load.

I wish they wouldn't, but I understand why they are going to do it that way. We
all do.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA: Star Wars Trilogy Box Set 4 5 6 DVD Phantom Menace lot dvd9@excite.com DVD Video 1 05-14-2006 09:35 PM
Best Lord of the Rings box set? asahitoro@nospam.com DVD Video 10 06-24-2005 07:35 AM
Sales for The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy (Special Extended DVD Edition) [12 DVDs]? ANTant@zimage.com DVD Video 7 12-19-2004 09:26 AM
DIE HARD TRILOGY BOX SET IQ DVD Video 3 10-08-2004 07:26 PM
Lord of the Rings: The Deluxe Trilogy Boxed DVD Set? Modemac DVD Video 17 12-29-2003 02:39 AM



Advertisments