Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Software to convert SVCD to DVD?

Software to convert SVCD to DVD?

Mike Barnard

Hi.

I've been given the bin/cue files for 2 cd's that make up a film.
Rather than 2 cd's, is there some software that will convert them to
just one DVD?

Just wonderin, like. Thanks.

--
Regards from Mike Barnard
South Coast, UK.

[To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]

Inspiron 5100

One idea I would use, is to use Alcohol 120% to create a virtual drive.
Mount the bin/cue files to the virtual disc, and then just copy out the mpeg
files that are teh movie. Once you have this, there are many DVD mastering
programs out there that will convert the video files to DVD.

"Mike Barnard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> I've been given the bin/cue files for 2 cd's that make up a film.
> Rather than 2 cd's, is there some software that will convert them to
> just one DVD?
>
> Just wonderin, like. Thanks.
>

> --
> Regards from Mike Barnard
> South Coast, UK.
>
> [To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:33:40 GMT, "Inspiron 5100" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>One idea I would use, is to use Alcohol 120% to create a virtual drive.
>Mount the bin/cue files to the virtual disc, and then just copy out the mpeg
>files that are teh movie. Once you have this, there are many DVD mastering
>programs out there that will convert the video files to DVD.

There are not "Many." DVDlab is about the only authoring program that
will make comaptible DVD480.

.. Steve .

>"Mike Barnard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hi.
>>
>> I've been given the bin/cue files for 2 cd's that make up a film.
>> Rather than 2 cd's, is there some software that will convert them to
>> just one DVD?
>>
>> Just wonderin, like. Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> Regards from Mike Barnard
>> South Coast, UK.
>>
>> [To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]

Non

On Tue, 25 May 2004 11:47:21 +0100, Mike Barnard
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I've been given the bin/cue files for 2 cd's that make up a film.
>Rather than 2 cd's, is there some software that will convert them to
>just one DVD?
>
>Just wonderin, like. Thanks.

use svcd2dvd or svcd2dvdmpeg. does a great job and no re-encoding is
necessary