Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > God, I hate Lucas

God, I hate Lucas

Scott Streeter

I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
"enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
me all ****ed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
other stuff alone...

--
Scott Streeter
http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Tad Bitt§ļ£

"Scott Streeter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
> "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
> me all ****ed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
> hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
> new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
> DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
> care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
> other stuff alone...
>
> --
> Scott Streeter
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

I thought you said you hated the film "lucas" with that cocked out dopey no
talent Corey Haim. I wonder if he tapped Noni's ass during the making of
that flick.

Scott Streeter

"Tad Bitt§ļ£" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Scott Streeter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
> > "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
> > me all ****ed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
> > hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
> > new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
> > DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
> > care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
> > other stuff alone...
> >
> > --
> > Scott Streeter
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> > http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

> I thought you said you hated the film "lucas" with that cocked out dopey no
> talent Corey Haim. I wonder if he tapped Noni's ass during the making of
> that flick.

Never seen it

--
Scott Streeter
(E-Mail Removed)

Bratboy

Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

Scott Streeter

"Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

I've read rumors he's going to CG Howard too.

--
Scott Streeter
(E-Mail Removed)

Pentti Lajunen

Scott Streeter <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

> I've read rumors he's going to CG Howard too.

They don't call it "Howard the Duck" anymore. Its retitled "The
Adventures of Jar Jar Binks." Two more movies is on planning stage
to complete the trilogy Lucas envisioned in the 80's, but
couldn't finish due to lack of technology.

--
Paikka on varattu
vali deille

Tarkus

On 5/24/2004 7:40:25 AM, Bratboy wrote:

> Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

That or you could just not buy it.
--
"The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind
you from the truth."

Now playing: "Johnny Winter - SF Rehearsals 8-10-73 - 07 Jam"

TSKO

"Scott Streeter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
> "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
> me all ****ed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
> hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
> new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
> DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
> care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
> other stuff alone...
>
> --
> Scott Streeter
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Well, if you want to be technical.....the Indy movies where touched up a
bit.....

You know, no more reflection when Indy is looking at the snake...

White Jacket

Scott Streeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

> I've read rumors he's going to CG Howard too.

Next it will be Bob Falfa's '55 Chevy exploding with a ring-shaped CGI shock wave.

--Jack

Scott Streeter

"TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Scott Streeter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
> > "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
> > me all ****ed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
> > hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
> > new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
> > DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
> > care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
> > other stuff alone...
> >
> > --
> > Scott Streeter
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> > http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

> Well, if you want to be technical.....the Indy movies where touched up a
> bit.....
>
> You know, no more reflection when Indy is looking at the snake...

True enough but the scene was still unchanged. I can deal with a small
clean up like that. They didn't CG the snake or make Indy NOT shoot
the swordsman first, etc.

--
Scott Streeter
(E-Mail Removed)