Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Recorder Price

DVD Recorder Price

Robert11

Hello:

Newbie at this.

Am I correct that the cheapest "decent" dvd recorder is around $300 these
days ?

Thanks,
B.

Moviezzz

>Am I correct that the cheapest "decent" dvd recorder is around $300 these
>days ?

Around there. Although, I'd recommend going with one of the Panasonic's with a
built in hard drive. They make things so much easier. You can edit before
burning to DVD, or erase and not bother wasting a DVD. They run under $500,
dropping every day.

FredBillie

<< From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Moviezzz)
Date: Mon, May 24, 2004 10:35 AM

>Am I correct that the cheapest "decent" dvd recorder is around $300 these
>days ?

Around there. Although, I'd recommend going with one of the Panasonic's with a
built in hard drive. They make things so much easier. You can edit before
burning to DVD, or erase and not bother wasting a DVD. They run under $500,
dropping every day.
>><BR><BR>

I would join in that opinion. If you can’t afford a DVD recorder with a hard
drive, wait until you can. You won’t regret it. It will make life SO MUCH
EASIER.

misterdo

One thing though if you intend to make copies of movies, you should purchase
this little device that removes all copyguard protections at :

http://www.dimax.com.ua/English/dvd_recorder.htm
"FredBillie" <(E-Mail Removed)> a crit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> << From: (E-Mail Removed)ospam (Moviezzz)
> Date: Mon, May 24, 2004 10:35 AM
>
> >Am I correct that the cheapest "decent" dvd recorder is around $300 these
> >days ?

> Around there. Although, I'd recommend going with one of the Panasonic's

with a
> built in hard drive. They make things so much easier. You can edit

before
> burning to DVD, or erase and not bother wasting a DVD. They run under

$500,
> dropping every day.
> >><BR><BR>

> I would join in that opinion. If you can't afford a DVD recorder with a

hard
> drive, wait until you can. You won't regret it. It will make life SO MUCH
> EASIER.

Tarkus

On 5/28/2004 4:50:07 PM, misterdo wrote:

> One thing though if you intend to make copies of movies, you should purchase
> this little device that removes all copyguard protections at :

Or just use something like the free DVD Shrink.
--
"I'm sorry, Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five
days and doesn't die."

Now playing: the radio

FredBillie

<< From: Tarkus (E-Mail Removed)
Date: Fri, May 28, 2004 10:02 PM

On 5/28/2004 4:50:07 PM, misterdo wrote:

> One thing though if you intend to make copies of movies, you should purchase
> this little device that removes all copyguard protections at :

Or just use something like the free DVD Shrink.
--
"I'm sorry, Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five
days and doesn't die."

Now playing: the radio
>><BR><BR>

It would appear that the original comment involved set top recorders and the
referenced device is a hardware that allows you to copy from a DVD player to a
DVD recorder. DVD Shrink is software for use on your computer and doesn’t
work on Macs.

Tarkus

On 5/28/2004 9:56:34 PM, FredBillie wrote:

> It would appear that the original comment involved set top recorders and the
> referenced device is a hardware that allows you to copy from a DVD player to a
> DVD recorder. DVD Shrink is software for use on your computer and doesnt
> work on Macs.

Oops!

Never mind.
--
"I'm scared to close my eyes. I'm scared to open them."

Now playing: "Ted Nugent - Just What The Doctor Ordered"