Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Advice and Info

Advice and Info

Michael

Ok Guys,
I'm pretty competent with computers but not audio/video/dvd signals.
Could someone please explain the difference between S-video, composite and
SPDIF (is the last one audio)

I am currently playing DVD's on my computer using Power DVD. I also have a
Audigy sound card, but I can't get 3D sound without upgrading my copy of
Power DVD for 50, which i don;t really want to do.
However I have seen external DVD players for 25-30.
Firstly is there any difference in quality between cheap/expensive DVD
players? Why is there such an enormous price differnece?
Secondly, my Audigy external box says it has a DVD input, how can I connect
directly to this and would I be able to get the 3D sound with a good picture
quality on my monitor.

Many thanks for your time.

Mike

Biz