Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Hey, my Walt Disney Treasures Have inserts, is this normal?

Hey, my Walt Disney Treasures Have inserts, is this normal?

Dick Sidbury

Seriously they all have "collectible" lithographs and booklets plus
certs of authenticity. I'm curious as to whether all the lithographs
are the same.

In ON THE FRONT LINES, I got "Fall Out, Fall In"
In CHRONOLOGICAL DONALD, I got "Donald's Vacation"
In MICKEY MOUSE IN LC V2, I got "Fantasia" and
in TOMORROW LAND..., I got "Space Station X1"

If anyone got something different, I'm curious as to what it is.

dick

SpiderManHouston

I had the same ones.

>In ON THE FRONT LINES, I got "Fall Out, Fall In"
>In CHRONOLOGICAL DONALD, I got "Donald's Vacation"
>In MICKEY MOUSE IN LC V2, I got "Fantasia" and
>in TOMORROW LAND..., I got "Space Station X1"

Derek Janssen

SpiderManHouston wrote:

> I had the same ones.
>

>>In ON THE FRONT LINES, I got "Fall Out, Fall In"
>>In CHRONOLOGICAL DONALD, I got "Donald's Vacation"
>>In MICKEY MOUSE IN LC V2, I got "Fantasia" and
>>in TOMORROW LAND..., I got "Space Station X1"

Seeing as they're the ones pictured on the back tin cover, seems logical.

Derek Janssen

Stephen Cooke

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Dick Sidbury wrote:

> Seriously they all have "collectible" lithographs and booklets plus
> certs of authenticity. I'm curious as to whether all the lithographs
> are the same.
>
> In ON THE FRONT LINES, I got "Fall Out, Fall In"
> In CHRONOLOGICAL DONALD, I got "Donald's Vacation"
> In MICKEY MOUSE IN LC V2, I got "Fantasia" and
> in TOMORROW LAND..., I got "Space Station X1"
>
> If anyone got something different, I'm curious as to what it is.

Those are the same as the image on the back covers of the tins, so I doubt
there's any variation from disc to disc.

swac
So how's that Tomorrowland DVD? I'm curious, but not enough to buy without
foreknowledge.

Bill Coleman

Hey, going a little off-topic, can anyone remember the website that
used to be around about all sorts of inventions and preductions that did not
work out?

I remember finding it back in the my neophyte days on the internet, back
when my ISP was AOL, so maybe it was not a regular internet site but
internal to them.

Bill Coleman

==================================

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40aba215$0$3045$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stephen Cooke wrote:
>
> > So how's that Tomorrowland DVD? I'm curious, but not enough to buy

without
> > foreknowledge.

> Although most of the episodes are outdated lab-guy speculation about
> Stuff We Already Know (Man may someday take a ship all the way to the
> moon before 1985!) the episodes are worth renting *alone* for the
> Avery-esque "Toot, Whistle, Plunk & Boom"-era Ward Kimball cartoons at
> the beginning of the episodes to explain the science concepts--
>
> "Life on Mars?" was unheralded genius.
>
> Derek Janssen
> (E-Mail Removed)

Derek Janssen

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Derek Janssen wrote:

> Stephen Cooke wrote:
>
> > So how's that Tomorrowland DVD? I'm curious, but not enough to buy without
> > foreknowledge.

> Although most of the episodes are outdated lab-guy speculation about
> Stuff We Already Know (Man may someday take a ship all the way to the
> moon before 1985!) the episodes are worth renting *alone* for the
> Avery-esque "Toot, Whistle, Plunk & Boom"-era Ward Kimball cartoons at
> the beginning of the episodes to explain the science concepts--

More Kimball = good news.

Speaking of which, is a letterboxed Toot, Whistle etc. available anywhere?
Was one included on the Fantasia box?

> "Life on Mars?" was unheralded genius.

Yeah, Bowie always was ahead of his time.

swac

Derek Janssen

Stephen Cooke wrote:

>>>So how's that Tomorrowland DVD? I'm curious, but not enough to buy without
>>>foreknowledge.

>>Although most of the episodes are outdated lab-guy speculation about
>>Stuff We Already Know (Man may someday take a ship all the way to the
>>moon before 1985!) the episodes are worth renting *alone* for the
>>Avery-esque "Toot, Whistle, Plunk & Boom"-era Ward Kimball cartoons at
>>the beginning of the episodes to explain the science concepts--

> More Kimball = good news.
>
> Speaking of which, is a letterboxed Toot, Whistle etc. available anywhere?
> Was one included on the Fantasia box?

Bonus extra on "Fantasia 2000", along with the "Melody" short (the
"prequel" to which TWP&B was the second short, and which ain't even in
its league)--
Better hurry, though, F2K's already been moratoried.

Derek Janssen
(E-Mail Removed)