Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy Length Question

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy Length Question

Nobody

The zone 1 version is 324 minutes and the zone 2 version is 350 minutes,
does anyone know what are the differences. The only thing that I can think
of is the zone 1 version is a continuous run and the zone 2 version is
presented by each episode. Since I have not view any of these version, can
anyone help? 26 minutes for 7 epiosdes (average 3.71 minutes) missing?
Thanks in advance

John Howells

"Nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> The zone 1 version is 324 minutes and the zone 2 version is 350 minutes,
> does anyone know what are the differences. The only thing that I can think
> of is the zone 1 version is a continuous run and the zone 2 version is
> presented by each episode. Since I have not view any of these version, can
> anyone help? 26 minutes for 7 epiosdes (average 3.71 minutes) missing?
> Thanks in advance

Amazon UK and Play both report the UK release as 350 minutes, but the box
reports 315 minutes, and it actually totals 317 minutes and 4 seconds, plus
a 57 minute documentary. The 317 minutes would be a little over 330 minutes
if played at 24 fps for R1 against 25 fps for the UK, so either way there is
about a six minute discrepancy, but not as much as 26 minutes.

John Howells

Nobody

So it is presented one episode as a time and not a continuous 6-hour run.
Right?

"John Howells" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c8ars3$336$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
> > The zone 1 version is 324 minutes and the zone 2 version is 350 minutes,
> > does anyone know what are the differences. The only thing that I can

think
> > of is the zone 1 version is a continuous run and the zone 2 version is
> > presented by each episode. Since I have not view any of these version,

can
> > anyone help? 26 minutes for 7 epiosdes (average 3.71 minutes) missing?
> > Thanks in advance

> Amazon UK and Play both report the UK release as 350 minutes, but the box
> reports 315 minutes, and it actually totals 317 minutes and 4 seconds,

plus
> a 57 minute documentary. The 317 minutes would be a little over 330

minutes
> if played at 24 fps for R1 against 25 fps for the UK, so either way there

is
> about a six minute discrepancy, but not as much as 26 minutes.
>
> John Howells

John Howells

"Nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> So it is presented one episode as a time and not a continuous 6-hour run.
> Right?

Yes, on the UK version.

John Howells