Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Day After released early?

The Day After released early?

Scott Blair

Just bought The Day After this past Tuesday at Best Buy for $9.99. Many
sites including Amazon and the DVD Profiler software all have the release
date 05-18. Does anyone know if this got released early by accident?

Scott

jayembee

"Scott Blair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just bought The Day After this past Tuesday at Best Buy
> for $9.99. Many sites including Amazon and the DVD Profiler
> software all have the release date 05-18. Does anyone know
> if this got released early by accident?

Either accidentally or on purpose. Every once in a while, I
find something at a Best Buy a week or two in advance of its
street date. I think the last one

Hell, the first two season sets of THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW
(released simultaneously) I found at a local Costco a full
*month* ahead of their street date.

-- jayembee

jpeabody

"Scott Blair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Just bought The Day After this past Tuesday at Best Buy for $9.99. Many
> sites including Amazon and the DVD Profiler software all have the release
> date 05-18. Does anyone know if this got released early by accident?
>
> Scott

I didn't see it at my local BB, but I wasn't looking for it. I was
looking for "The Day the Earth Stood Still" so I imagine they would be
very close to each other. But no biggie, street dates get jumped from
time to time, usually by shelf stockers who just throw everything out
there either by accident or for various conscious reasons.

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (jpeabody) wrote:

> I didn't see it at my local BB, but I wasn't looking for
> it. I was looking for "The Day the Earth Stood Still" so
> I imagine they would be very close to each other.

Not if they're in different sections. I can see BB shelving
TDTESS under "Science Fiction" and TDA under "Drama".

Hell, this week, they had the GUNSMOKE sequel TV-movies on
the "TV Series" shelves as they should be, but had the HAVE
GUN - WILL TRAVEL Season One set under "Drama".

-- jayembee

john33907@comcast.net

On Thu, 13 May 2004 23:41:00 -0500, "Scott Blair"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just bought The Day After this past Tuesday at Best Buy for $9.99. Many
>sites including Amazon and the DVD Profiler software all have the release
>date 05-18. Does anyone know if this got released early by accident?
>
>Scott

What is the runtime on that? Is it widescreen?

thank you