Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Do they think we are dumb

Do they think we are dumb

Nick

Why do Ebay sellers try and sell Dvd's for far more than the shop price.
Take the new Muppets 4 Movie box set currently on amazon for 18.74 or play
at 17.99 but this ebay seller is trying to sell it for 28.49 on a buy it
now
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&item=41877988
10&rd=1).

or Road house selling at play247 for 5.99 someone on ebay trying to sell it
for 9.99
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...8&item=4186321
480&rd=1)

I see this more and more, do people actually fall for this. Ironic as well
they pay P+P on top of that on ebay, play247 is free and I havn't even
shopped around for the cheapest deal on these two dvds!

Dragon

yes but people actually pay the price ironically because they don't shop
around and they think they are getting a bargain, ebay has always been like
this and while people pay the prices sellers will put the best price they
can get for there dvd unfortunately, and bare in mind it is an auction site
so people will try to outbid someone else at the aspens of silly prices

Dave

news:c7qgol$gls$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why do Ebay sellers try and sell Dvd's for far more than the shop price.
> Take the new Muppets 4 Movie box set currently on amazon for 18.74 or

play
> at 17.99 but this ebay seller is trying to sell it for 28.49 on a buy it
> now

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&item=41877988
> 10&rd=1).
>
> or Road house selling at play247 for 5.99 someone on ebay trying to sell

it
> for 9.99

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...8&item=4186321
> 480&rd=1)
>
> I see this more and more, do people actually fall for this. Ironic as well
> they pay P+P on top of that on ebay, play247 is free and I havn't even
> shopped around for the cheapest deal on these two dvds!

Mark B.

news:c7qgol$gls$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why do Ebay sellers try and sell Dvd's for far more than the shop price.
> Take the new Muppets 4 Movie box set currently on amazon for 18.74 or

play
> at 17.99 but this ebay seller is trying to sell it for 28.49 on a buy it
> now

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&item=41877988
> 10&rd=1).
>
> or Road house selling at play247 for 5.99 someone on ebay trying to sell

it
> for 9.99

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...8&item=4186321
> 480&rd=1)
>
> I see this more and more, do people actually fall for this. Ironic as well
> they pay P+P on top of that on ebay, play247 is free and I havn't even
> shopped around for the cheapest deal on these two dvds!

Yes, some people ARE dumb and will pay inflated ebay prices.

Mark

Charlie

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:13:03 -0400, "Mark B."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c7qgol$gls$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why do Ebay sellers try and sell Dvd's for far more than the shop price.

I've sold a number of DVD's and books on ebay. I'm amazed that people
will pay more for a used item on ebay than they could get the same
item new on Amazon. I would think that if you are smart enough to
find the item on a ebay search, you would know enough to check Amazon,
but no.

> I've sold a number of DVD's and books on ebay. I'm amazed that people
> will pay more for a used item on ebay than they could get the same
> item new on Amazon. I would think that if you are smart enough to
> find the item on a ebay search, you would know enough to check Amazon,
> but no.

For dvds, they must not know about deepdiscountdvd.com. I've never ever had
a problem with them.

Rob

eBay was popular for those people who were either shut-ins or didn't live
near a major shopping centre. It was very easy for anyone to buy stuff on
eBay.

Now it's just as easy (1-Click) to order stuff from major netstores like
amazon.com. The pricing is usally better than eBay sellers, you get free
shipping most of the time, and you can trust the seller.

Rob
Canada

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:J%xoc.3046$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've sold a number of DVD's and books on ebay. I'm amazed that people
> > will pay more for a used item on ebay than they could get the same
> > item new on Amazon. I would think that if you are smart enough to
> > find the item on a ebay search, you would know enough to check Amazon,
> > but no.

> For dvds, they must not know about deepdiscountdvd.com. I've never ever

had
> a problem with them.

Eric R.

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<XY3oc.2486$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> yes but people actually pay the price ironically because they don't shop
> around and they think they are getting a bargain, ebay has always been like
> this and while people pay the prices sellers will put the best price they
> can get for there dvd unfortunately, and bare in mind it is an auction site
> so people will try to outbid someone else at the aspens of silly prices

I once sold a used DVD on ebay that was in print and selling brand new
for $25. The winner bidder gave me $44 for it. At first, I thought
that maybe he didn't have a credit card or something--and so couldn't
buy it online for $25. But then he paid me with a credit card! Go
figure.

-Eric

Mark B.

news:0nzoc.18492$(E-Mail Removed)...
> eBay was popular for those people who were either shut-ins or didn't live
> near a major shopping centre. It was very easy for anyone to buy stuff on
> eBay.
>
> Now it's just as easy (1-Click) to order stuff from major netstores like
> amazon.com. The pricing is usally better than eBay sellers, you get free
> shipping most of the time, and you can trust the seller.
>
> Rob
> Canada

Was?

Dumb, Dumb Vista Au79 Computer Support 4 02-11-2007 03:40 PM
"Because of 9-11";cops think they can do anything they want to photographers in NY qtraindash7@optonline.net Digital Photography 81 05-27-2005 10:16 PM
Dumb, dumb dumb Qestion David Napierkowski Digital Photography 6 10-31-2004 11:14 PM