Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Apex ad-1225

Apex ad-1225

Dyuob Poltice

I just bought one for my father, and to be honest, considering the
price (us$43.95) I was very impressed.
Yes, I know it doesn't meet the needs of everyone, but for a decent
inexpensive player, it seems to fit the bill just right.
We do video scrapbooks, and wanted to send my father dvds of the kids,
and our oldest son (13) just got his first digital camera, so he can
send cds of jpgs as well.
Like I said, this player is not for everyone (so skip the flames, I
know it's a cheapie) but for a decent unit for the bedroom, or the
dorm (or your father in Phoenix who still isn't sure dvds will catch
on) this might be the right machine. And for under us$45.00, (at
Walmart) you're not going to lose the bank trying.
of course, ymmv.
But I'm thrilled.

Brian The Demolition Man Little

That's it Dyuob Poltice I'm sick and tired of this crap!
Now someone hit my music....
> Like I said, this player is not for everyone (so skip the flames, I
> know it's a cheapie) but for a decent unit for the bedroom, or the
> dorm (or your father in Phoenix who still isn't sure dvds will catch
> on) this might be the right machine.

Hate to break it to you... but DVD is king of home video.

--
Demolition Man

Oldus Fartus

Dyuob Poltice wrote:

> I just bought one for my father, and to be honest, considering the
> price (us$43.95) I was very impressed.
> Yes, I know it doesn't meet the needs of everyone, but for a decent
> inexpensive player, it seems to fit the bill just right.
> We do video scrapbooks, and wanted to send my father dvds of the kids,
> and our oldest son (13) just got his first digital camera, so he can
> send cds of jpgs as well.
> Like I said, this player is not for everyone (so skip the flames, I
> know it's a cheapie) but for a decent unit for the bedroom, or the
> dorm (or your father in Phoenix who still isn't sure dvds will catch
> on) this might be the right machine. And for under us$45.00, (at
> Walmart) you're not going to lose the bank trying.
> of course, ymmv.
> But I'm thrilled.

They are a good little player and seem to play just about everything.
(Here in Australia they are sold under the Digitrex brand name.) I
have one in my games room and another in my grandson's bedroom so speak
from personal experience. I also bought one each for two other
grandchildren for last Christmas.

I make up CDs of photos using Ulead Video Workshop and save as MPEG1 or
MPEG2 with titles, sound tracks and transitions and this player will
play the raw MPEG files - there is no need to convert to VCD or SVCD
formats.

The Australian version may be different, but the ones I have bought are
region free AND macrovision free, which may or may not be important to you.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus