Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Question about recording VHS to DVD

Question about recording VHS to DVD

DVDfanatico

I'm thinking of getting a DVD recorder and making back-up copies of some VHS
tapes I own that are not out on DVD. Is Macrovision a problem? Do most VHS
tapes have Macrovision? How can you tell?

Thanks for any info.

-DVDfanatico

Oldus Fartus

DVDfanatico wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting a DVD recorder and making back-up copies of some VHS
> tapes I own that are not out on DVD. Is Macrovision a problem?

Yes, it can be

Do most VHS
> tapes have Macrovision? How can you tell?

*Many of them do, but unfortunately often the only way to tell is to try
recording them.

> Thanks for any info.

You can always buy or build a video enhancer and stabiliser which will
sometimes remove the macrovision from the video signal - OR, I have had
success with a little creative wiring.
VHS to AV in on TV
AV out on TV to AV in on DVD recorder.

With some TVs the macrovision is bypassed by doing this.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Copy protected VHS to DVD and VHS Nataliye Media 0 03-18-2011 09:57 AM
DVD to VHS recording slats1 DVD Video 7 01-01-2009 09:37 PM
VHS to DVD stand-alone boxes - how to record 6 hr VHS tapes ? - Bobb - DVD Video 16 01-04-2007 09:21 PM
Recording from VHS to DVD on combo DVD/VCR player csw621@earthlink.net DVD Video 4 07-27-2005 07:45 PM
Question on DVD recording from VHS Scott Blair DVD Video 5 02-01-2005 01:29 AM

Advertisments