Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Red Dwarf Series,... SE??

Red Dwarf Series,... SE??

Stychentyme

Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red Dwarf
Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original series, or the ones
where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual effects.

Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

Stych.

Manda

"Stychentyme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red
> Dwarf Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original series,
> or the ones where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual effects.

They are the original, non-remastered versions. HTH.

Manda

RodP

In article <MIWmc.29970$U75.17852@edtnps89>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red Dwarf
> Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original series, or the ones
> where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual effects.
>
> Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

I have the region 4 versions and they are the originals. I gagged at the
remastered versions too.

Cheers,
Rod.

Jay G

Stychentyme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red
> Dwarf Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original
> series, or the ones where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual
> effects.
>
> Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

The R1 US releases are of the original series.

-Jay

Ocelot

"Jay G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Stychentyme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red
> > Dwarf Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original
> > series, or the ones where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual
> > effects.
> >
> > Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

> The R1 US releases are of the original series.

On Series 1 you do get a 'bonus' of the Japanese brodcast of "The End"
which was incidentally based off the rebutchered version.

Too bad that the visuals for Series 8 are based off the ship designs
for the remastered version, maybe they will fix that in the series 8
DVD's? Heh, probably not.

Stychentyme

> > Stychentyme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Hey! Has anyone that lives here in Canada purchased any of the Red
> > > Dwarf Series DVD's? I was wondering if they are the original
> > > series, or the ones where they (poorly) re-did some of the visual
> > > effects.
> > >
> > > Wanted to get a heads up before I bought them myself. Thanks!

> > The R1 US releases are of the original series.

> On Series 1 you do get a 'bonus' of the Japanese brodcast of "The End"
> which was incidentally based off the rebutchered version.
>
> Too bad that the visuals for Series 8 are based off the ship designs
> for the remastered version, maybe they will fix that in the series 8
> DVD's? Heh, probably not.

I'm glad to see that the DVD's are the originals. When I first saw the
re-done episodes I was shocked! Not only that they changed them, but they
did a poor job to top it off! I thought the effects were fine the way they
were.

Stych.

Scott Streeter

"Stychentyme" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> > > The R1 US releases are of the original series.

> > On Series 1 you do get a 'bonus' of the Japanese brodcast of "The End"
> > which was incidentally based off the rebutchered version.
> >
> > Too bad that the visuals for Series 8 are based off the ship designs
> > for the remastered version, maybe they will fix that in the series 8
> > DVD's? Heh, probably not.

> I'm glad to see that the DVD's are the originals. When I first saw the
> re-done episodes I was shocked! Not only that they changed them, but they
> did a poor job to top it off! I thought the effects were fine the way they
> were.
>
> Stych.

Speaking of which... When are the rest of the R1 discs coming out?
Anyone know? I have up to series 4.

--
Scott Streeter
(E-Mail Removed)

Douglas Bailey

Scott Streeter wrote:
> Speaking of which... When are the rest of the R1 discs coming out?
> Anyone know? I have up to series 4.

Going by the releases so far (Series 1 and 2 in February 2003, Series 3 and
4 in February 2004), it looks as if Warner and the BBC are releasing _Red
Dwarf_ here at the rate of two seasons per year. So it may be something of
a wait.

doug

--
"All these things we'll one day swallow whole..."
--Radiohead