Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Saving DVDs To Hard Drive...

Saving DVDs To Hard Drive...

WPM

On Sun, 09 May 2004 17:23:58 +0800, Oldus Fartus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>up'.

>>>them.
>>>
>>>I really don't care.

>> Then why did you answer?
>>

>Because I choose to.

Well, choose to take your bullshit elsewhere. You are now dismissed!

Claire D. Lune

Charles Tomaras

"Bootstrap Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsSnnc.5933$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:409bcbab$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well shrink would make em for ya and you could also adjust the
>> compression
>> to make em what size you want and remove stuff you dont want. I really

> like
>> shrink results
>>

> I'm looking for a program that will recompress any DVD so that it will fit
> on a single DVD+R disk. Does something like this exist?

Try DVD shink at http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

Unfortunately when you recompress a feature length DVD 9 dual layer disc
down to one DVD R disc there is noticeable compression artifact.

Bootstrap Bill

"Charles Tomaras" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bootstrap Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsSnnc.5933$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:409bcbab$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Well shrink would make em for ya and you could also adjust the
> >> compression
> >> to make em what size you want and remove stuff you dont want. I really

> > like
> >> shrink results
> >>

> > I'm looking for a program that will recompress any DVD so that it will

fit
> > on a single DVD+R disk. Does something like this exist?

> Try DVD shink at http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
>
> Unfortunately when you recompress a feature length DVD 9 dual layer disc
> down to one DVD R disc there is noticeable compression artifact.

Is the quality worse than a VCD?

Dyuob Poltice

On Sun, 9 May 2004 16:04:01 -0700, "Charles Tomaras"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bootstrap Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>newsSnnc.5933$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:409bcbab$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Well shrink would make em for ya and you could also adjust the
>>> compression
>>> to make em what size you want and remove stuff you dont want. I really

>> like
>>> shrink results
>>>

>> I'm looking for a program that will recompress any DVD so that it will fit
>> on a single DVD+R disk. Does something like this exist?

>Try DVD shink at http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
>
>Unfortunately when you recompress a feature length DVD 9 dual layer disc
>down to one DVD R disc there is noticeable compression artifact.

But, if all you need it for is using it on a portable player when
you're stuck in an airport or a hospital waiting room, artifacts
aren't so bad.

Oldus Fartus

WPM (Claire The Looney) wrote:

>>>Then why did you answer?
>>>

>>Because I choose to.

> Well, choose to take your bullshit elsewhere. You are now dismissed!

I don't think so, but feel quite free to continue the thread. I really
like seeing people with egg on their faces.

Have a nice day.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Charles Tomaras

"Bootstrap Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TTAnc.5329$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Charles Tomaras" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Bootstrap Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsSnnc.5933$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:409bcbab$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > like
>> >>
>> > I'm looking for a program that will recompress any DVD so that it will

> fit
>> > on a single DVD+R disk. Does something like this exist?

>> Try DVD shink at http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
>>
>> Unfortunately when you recompress a feature length DVD 9 dual layer disc
>> down to one DVD R disc there is noticeable compression artifact.

> Is the quality worse than a VCD?

Depending on the length and content of the original movie it can look pretty
bad. With the price of DVD blanks these days it makes more sense to just
copy the movie to two discs and not deal with heavy recompression.

Charles Tomaras

"Dyuob Poltice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 9 May 2004 16:04:01 -0700, "Charles Tomaras"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Bootstrap Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>newsSnnc.5933$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>>
>>> "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:409bcbab$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> like
>>>>
>>> I'm looking for a program that will recompress any DVD so that it will
>>> fit
>>> on a single DVD+R disk. Does something like this exist?

>>Try DVD shink at http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
>>
>>Unfortunately when you recompress a feature length DVD 9 dual layer disc
>>down to one DVD R disc there is noticeable compression artifact.
>>

> But, if all you need it for is using it on a portable player when
> you're stuck in an airport or a hospital waiting room, artifacts
> aren't so bad.

Why make concessions at all when you can just put it on two discs if you
can't use the original? I find compression artifacts suck on my laptop just
as much as they suck on my widescreen tv.

DarkMatter

On Sun, 09 May 2004 00:10:40 +0100, Lordy <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave
us:

>On Sat, 08 May 2004 07:51:45 -0700, DarkMatter wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:11:59 -0400, "Walter Ego"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>>
>>>What's the best free utility to do this? I'm looking at DVD Toolbox but
>>>would DVD Shrink be better as I'd want to compress the files?
>>>
>>>W.E.
>>>

>> LEAVE ALT.VIDEO.DVD OUT of your rip it questions.
>>
>> The other groups are fine. THIS GROUP is NOT about ripping ****ing
>> discs.

>Then why didnt you set follow ups ?
>
>Lordy

So that regardless of where the retarded asswipe is at, he will/may
see the message.

Get a clue.

DarkMatter

On Sun, 9 May 2004 14:00:08 +0800, "Oldus Fartus"
<(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>I really don't care.

That's because your nym is really Dipus Shitus.

Oldus Fartus

DarkMatter wrote:
> On Sun, 9 May 2004 14:00:08 +0800, "Oldus Fartus"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>

>>I really don't care.

> That's because your nym is really Dipus Shitus.

Nah, that is my cousin.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus