Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New copy protection?

New copy protection?

ayosha

Hi,
I had 2 originals of the same DVD, Star Blazers 1-5, quite new,
no visible faults, which my PC didn't recognise as playable
disk (XP, LG4040 DVD writer) and which would play on CyberHome
505 (standard player) with initial interference.
If it were only one I would say bad disk. But two?
Could it be a new copy protection device? Or a new standard my
LG (with latest firmware upgrade) doesn't recognise?
Any suggestions and ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks