Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Progressive Scan Mode?

Progressive Scan Mode?

dan

I am having the oddest problem: I was "playing" with my DVD's remote,
checking out the setup menu, and switched to progressive scan...

Now all I can see on my TV is a blue screen with "progressive scan mode"
written on it...

I cannot even change the setup because I am not able to see anything but
that message on the screen.

I am having a Zenith dual DVD/VCR XBV343

p l e a s e h e l p ! ! !

Thanks,
Dan

dan

OK, I finally found the user manual online... Just in case it ever happens
to you - holding the "stop" button down for 5 seconds will reset the unit
and will solve the problem.

Sorry for sharing this silly situation.

"dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having the oddest problem: I was "playing" with my DVD's remote,
> checking out the setup menu, and switched to progressive scan...
>
> Now all I can see on my TV is a blue screen with "progressive scan mode"
> written on it...
>
> I cannot even change the setup because I am not able to see anything but
> that message on the screen.
>
> I am having a Zenith dual DVD/VCR XBV343
>
> p l e a s e h e l p ! ! !
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

beth beth is offline
Junior Member

Dan I can not thank you enough. I thought my Dvd player was done for because I too was plying with my remote and got the dreded blue creen of Progreswsive scan. I decided to google my problem since I have no clue where the user manual is and I found you and the solution. Thank you so much becuase I held that stop boutton down like you wrote and BINGO I am back in business. See all things happen for a reason and you making that post saved me. beth

beth beth is offline
Junior Member

Dan I can not thank you enough. I thought my Dvd player was done for because I too was playing with my remote and got the dreaded blue screen of Progreswsive scan. I decided to google my problem since I have no clue where the user manual is and I found you and the solution. Thank you so much becuase I held that stop boutton down like you wrote and BINGO I am back in business. See all things happen for a reason and you making that post saved me. beth

Kirstin Kirstin is offline
Junior Member

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago and have acutally been out pricing new DVD players. You saved me $$! Thanks!

howdydoo2 howdydoo2 is offline
Junior Member

Thank you Dan!!! Really, it shouldn't be that you can turn on a switch and not turn it off again.

I also discovered in order for this solution to be successful you must remove the disc first.

Thanks again

Kandii5 Kandii5 is offline
Junior Member

I too live in the dark ages with this SAME dvd/vcr combo. I can't thank you enough for figuring out how to get the "Progessive Scan" blue screen of death off my DVD player!

loup1818 loup1818 is offline
Junior Member

[QUOTE=howdydoo2;2841856]..... to be successful you must remove the disc first.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU - Dan & howdydoo2!! Was able to breathe new life into old but capable DVD combo - many thanks for stating I needed to remove DVD from player!!

-Lou