Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > PETER PAN DVD

PETER PAN DVD

rwright

Anyone else disapointed with the extras on this DVD? I know the movie was
not a big hit but Iwould have liked to see a bit more. I mean, how hard is
it to put the stinking Coming Attractions Previews on the DVD? Sure, we get
THE CAT IN THE HAT preview (which NEITHER of my DVD's will let me skip over.
I have to Fast Forward through it!), but I HATED that movie!

I would havea liked more info on the making of the film, not just backstage
tours. ANd a commentary from Wood, Sumpter and Hogan would have been
invaluaable. I would especially like to know why Hogan did not include the
ALTERNATE ENDING as the films REAL ending. From what I could see it was
VERY well done. Just think how it might have looked with music and effects!
Anyway, I was disappointed.

RnR Lesnar

Is the movie itself good? I'm making a blind buy with it due to the good
reviews and I'm a Jason Isaccs fan. I ordered and it should be coming in
soon.

--
RnR Lesnar
It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

"rwright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kOAmc.2352$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone else disapointed with the extras on this DVD? I know the movie was
> not a big hit but Iwould have liked to see a bit more. I mean, how hard

is
> it to put the stinking Coming Attractions Previews on the DVD? Sure, we

get
> THE CAT IN THE HAT preview (which NEITHER of my DVD's will let me skip

over.
> I have to Fast Forward through it!), but I HATED that movie!
>
> I would havea liked more info on the making of the film, not just

backstage
> tours. ANd a commentary from Wood, Sumpter and Hogan would have been
> invaluaable. I would especially like to know why Hogan did not include

the
> ALTERNATE ENDING as the films REAL ending. From what I could see it was
> VERY well done. Just think how it might have looked with music and

effects!
> Anyway, I was disappointed.

Brian The Demolition Man Little

That's it RnR Lesnar I'm sick and tired of this crap!
Now someone hit my music....
> Is the movie itself good? I'm making a blind buy with it due to the
> good reviews and I'm a Jason Isaccs fan. I ordered and it should be
> coming in soon.

Its pretty decent, some of the SFX looked very cartooney and
a few times during the film especially towards the end the picture
gets way a oversaturation of redish colors.

--
Demolition Man

Derek Janssen

RnR Lesnar wrote:

> Is the movie itself good? I'm making a blind buy with it due to the good
> reviews and I'm a Jason Isaccs fan. I ordered and it should be coming in
> soon.

Most of the good reviews never read the book.

(I'm sorry, but when we have Hook flying, and John Hughes paeans for the
London scenes, "Wow, it's not Disney!" just doesn't much currency--
We're one step away from the "Around the World in 80 Days" remake, here.)

Derek Janssen

RnR Lesnar

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:409b0273$0$3031$(E-Mail Removed)...
> RnR Lesnar wrote:
>
> > Is the movie itself good? I'm making a blind buy with it due to the good
> > reviews and I'm a Jason Isaccs fan. I ordered and it should be coming in
> > soon.

> Most of the good reviews never read the book.
>
> (I'm sorry, but when we have Hook flying, and John Hughes paeans for the
> London scenes, "Wow, it's not Disney!" just doesn't much currency--
> We're one step away from the "Around the World in 80 Days" remake, here.)
>
> Derek Janssen
> (E-Mail Removed)

I gotta say that you lost me. I'm assuming you didn't like it.

--
RnR Lesnar
It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

Mike Kohary

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:409b0273$0$3031$(E-Mail Removed)...
> RnR Lesnar wrote:
>
> > Is the movie itself good? I'm making a blind buy with it due to the good
> > reviews and I'm a Jason Isaccs fan. I ordered and it should be coming in
> > soon.

> Most of the good reviews never read the book.

Why, does the quality of the movie depend on the book?

RnR, yes, it's a very good adaptation that you should enjoy.

Mike

Mike Kohary

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:409ba4cd$0$3034$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Translation: By about the hour-and-a-half mark, that sound you hear is
> the screenwriters throwing the book out the window.

I honestly don't understand some peoples' dedication to adherance to source
material when it comes to film adaptations. Where is it written in stone
that movie adaptations must follow the source material as closely as
possible in order to be considered any good?

Mike

Mike Kohary

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:409ba7a0$0$3034$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike Kohary wrote:
>
> >>Translation: By about the hour-and-a-half mark, that sound you hear is
> >>the screenwriters throwing the book out the window.

> > I honestly don't understand some peoples' dedication to adherance to

source
> > material when it comes to film adaptations. Where is it written in

stone
> > that movie adaptations must follow the source material as closely as
> > possible in order to be considered any good?

> And I repeat: HOOK CAN FRIGGIN' *FLY*????????? 0_0;

Yeah, well, it makes for some fun.

Mike

Derek Janssen

RnR Lesnar wrote:

>>>Is the movie itself good? I'm making a blind buy with it due to the good
>>>reviews and I'm a Jason Isaccs fan. I ordered and it should be coming in
>>>soon.

>>Most of the good reviews never read the book.
>>
>>(I'm sorry, but when we have Hook flying, and John Hughes paeans for the
>>London scenes, "Wow, it's not Disney!" just doesn't carry much currency--

> I gotta say that you lost me. I'm assuming you didn't like it.

Translation: By about the hour-and-a-half mark, that sound you hear is
the screenwriters throwing the book out the window.

....Assume the audience didn't like it either.

Derek Janssen (I repeat: Hook can fly?...The HELL???)
(E-Mail Removed)

Derek Janssen

Mike Kohary wrote:

>>Translation: By about the hour-and-a-half mark, that sound you hear is
>>the screenwriters throwing the book out the window.

> I honestly don't understand some peoples' dedication to adherance to source
> material when it comes to film adaptations. Where is it written in stone
> that movie adaptations must follow the source material as closely as
> possible in order to be considered any good?

And I repeat: HOOK CAN FRIGGIN' *FLY*????????? 0_0;

Derek Janssen (look, it's the f***in' Time Machine remake, get over it!!)
(E-Mail Removed)

Peter Pan DVD question JAM DVD Video 9 05-31-2004 08:03 AM
how to skip attratcions on PETER PAN dvd? rwright DVD Video 11 05-28-2004 02:20 PM
Re: how to skip attratcions on PETER PAN dvd? Mad As Hell DVD Video 0 05-24-2004 12:33 PM
Re: how to skip attratcions on PETER PAN dvd? Martha Washington DVD Video 0 05-23-2004 06:36 PM

Advertisments