Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Glue" VOB files together

"Glue" VOB files together

mmmjean

Well, what do you think of the following acts:

- break international agreements with UNO and act in the only
(expected) interest of the USA

- declare war to a country for a reason that was a lie (possession of
weapons of massive destruction)

- enforce democraty with violence and, if necessary to reach this
goal, torture war prisoners

- ...

Small infrigements to international law?

Among the infrigements to law mentioned in this thread, some are
importants, other aren't. Guess which ones.

Justin

Mike Kohary wrote on [Fri, 7 May 2004 05:33:31 -0700]:
> "mmmjean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> Well, I have a doubt. Are you guys from the USA? Are you sure that the
>> film industry is having trouble because a few people are copying DVDs
>> for their private use? Don't you think these problems rather come from
>> the billions of dollars spent in Irak with the poor result we know?

> Yes, the film industry is funding the war in Iraq. You're brilliant.

No, but the film industry is part of the war on the rest of the world's
culture.

Mike Kohary

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> Mike Kohary wrote on [Fri, 7 May 2004 05:33:31 -0700]:
> > "mmmjean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> >> Well, I have a doubt. Are you guys from the USA? Are you sure that the
> >> film industry is having trouble because a few people are copying DVDs
> >> for their private use? Don't you think these problems rather come from
> >> the billions of dollars spent in Irak with the poor result we know?

> > Yes, the film industry is funding the war in Iraq. You're brilliant.

> No, but the film industry is part of the war on the rest of the world's
> culture.

I think you guys are stretching it. Let's stick to the topic, ok?

Mike

Richard C.

"mmmjean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
: Well, what do you think of the following acts:
:
: - break international agreements with UNO and act in the only
: (expected) interest of the USA
:
: - declare war to a country for a reason that was a lie (possession of
: weapons of massive destruction)
:
: - enforce democraty with violence and, if necessary to reach this
: goal, torture war prisoners
:
: - ...
:
: Small infrigements to international law?
:
: Among the infrigements to law mentioned in this thread, some are
: importants, other aren't. Guess which ones.

====================
Rationalization is the realm of the thief!

Ronald Cole

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (mmmjean) writes:
> Well, what do you think of the following acts:
>
> - break international agreements with UNO and act in the only
> (expected) interest of the USA

And which agreements were those?

> - declare war to a country for a reason that was a lie (possession of
> weapons of massive destruction)

Actually, I recall a decade and a "cease-fire" treaty and seventeen UN
resolutions that said country rather flagrantly violated. And after
all that, they were found to be in possession of banned weapons.

> - enforce democraty with violence and, if necessary to reach this
> goal, torture war prisoners

Iraq under Hussein wasn't democratic, so there was no "democraty" to
enforce. And I'd hardly call taking a few pictures of gay, homosexual
terrorists having a prison orgy to rise to the level of "torture".
However, terrorists capturing four non-combatants, killing them, and
hanging their charred corpses out for all to see... now *that's*
torture.

> - ...
>
> Small infrigements to international law?
>
> Among the infrigements to law mentioned in this thread, some are
> importants, other aren't. Guess which ones.

The ones that are actually grounded in reality are. But I suspect you
already and disingenuously knew that.

Ronald Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> Phone: (760) 499-9142
President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

Justin

Ronald Cole wrote on [Fri, 07 May 2004 14:44:26 -0700]:
> (E-Mail Removed) (mmmjean) writes:
>> Well, what do you think of the following acts:
>>
>> - break international agreements with UNO and act in the only
>> (expected) interest of the USA

> And which agreements were those?

Well, but did they break agreements with UNO? Or did they try Skip-Bo?

>> - declare war to a country for a reason that was a lie (possession of
>> weapons of massive destruction)

> Actually, I recall a decade and a "cease-fire" treaty and seventeen UN
> resolutions that said country rather flagrantly violated. And after
> all that, they were found to be in possession of banned weapons.

That's a stretch. I seem to recall a failed UN vote on going in, and the
US went anyway. As for banned weapons, what they found, a couple of
rockets, were a far cry from the VX gas and Nuclear Weapons that the US
"knew" they had. Where are the mobile truck weapons factories that Colon
Powell presented? Oh yeah, they're figments of imagination.

mmmjean

> I think you guys are stretching it. Let's stick to the topic, ok?

Mike,

If you want to stick to the subject then give me some hints about how
to manipulate VOB files.

About changing subjects I feel the responsibility is yours. After all
you switched to moral considerations about law infringements (btw, you
don't even need to open today's newspaper to see what law infrigements
are: it's on the front page!)

Jean

Mike Kohary

"mmmjean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I think you guys are stretching it. Let's stick to the topic, ok?

> Mike,
>
> If you want to stick to the subject then give me some hints about how
> to manipulate VOB files.
>
> About changing subjects I feel the responsibility is yours. After all
> you switched to moral considerations about law infringements

That was directly related to what you asked, though. I won't help you with
your question (though I could), because what you're doing is wrong. Unlike
some of the other zealots, though, I'm not judging you. I'm just saying
that you should go and buy the movie legally, and then I'll help you.

Mike

mmmjean

> I won't help you with
> your question (though I could), because what you're doing is wrong.

> I'm just saying
> that you should go and buy the movie legally, and then I'll help you.
>
> Mike

Hello Mike,

I think the headlines of today's newspaper "le Monde" (a leading
French newspaper) gives a good summary of what many foreigners think
of advice comming from USA. The headlines ot this newspaper title:
"L'Amérique et son complexe de supériorité morale".

Of course, these headlines have nothing to do with DVDs (but - as you
already guessed, it's about Irak). Somehow it illustrates the point:
whatever happens in the world, whatever subject you consider(including
DVDs!), the USA have an obvious complex of moral superiority! They are
deeply convinced they know better than anybody else in the world what
is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong.

What about considering other people's views? And if do not agree with
an stranger's position, it is always necessary to give moral lessons
although you know moral is a very relative perspective?

Jean

Oldus Fartus

mmmjean wrote:

>>I think you guys are stretching it. Let's stick to the topic, ok?

> Mike,
>
> If you want to stick to the subject then give me some hints about how
> to manipulate VOB files.
>
> About changing subjects I feel the responsibility is yours. After all
> you switched to moral considerations about law infringements (btw, you
> don't even need to open today's newspaper to see what law infrigements
> are: it's on the front page!)
>
> Jean

What are you using to play the files Jean? If using Power DVD then you
can setup a playlist by clicking on the menu button and drag and drop
your files into the playlist window.

Their playlist is just a text file, so you could even write one
yourself. Format is

filepath\filename
filepath\filename 2
filepath\filename 3
etc etc

Save the textfile as playlist.pls and associate it with Power DVD and it
should work fine.

If using a different media player look for instructions to setup
playlists in them.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus