Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Pioneer XV DV-505 trouble

Pioneer XV DV-505 trouble

W Luke

I have a September 2002 version of the Pioneer XV DV-505. I took the lid
off to have a look (was going to solder it to make it region-free - but
couldn't find what to solder!), and since then discs won't play. I was
extremely careful, put the PCB back where it belonged - but stupidly I left
a disc in there whilst I was fiddling about. Now, it just says "loading"
when I press play or try to eject the disc.

Has anyone come across this before? Any advice gratefully appreciated,

Will, who's blushing in the corner wondering why he thought he was so damn
clever, and now realises he's a very stupid person.