Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Does anyone know if any cable station is running "Profiler"? need episode 4 season 1

Does anyone know if any cable station is running "Profiler"? need episode 4 season 1

Film Buff

Does anyone know if any cable station is running "Profiler"?
I picked up season 3 today and need episode 4 from season 1
I kniw there was a problem with the music rights I think
but i need to record it off cable so ZI can have a complete season 1
Thanks for your help

jayembee

Film Buff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know if any cable station is running "Profiler"?
> I picked up season 3 today and need episode 4 from season 1
> I kniw there was a problem with the music rights I think

Yes, it was a music clearance issue. The episode "I'll Be
Watching You" makes extensive use of a video of a cover band
doing The Police's "Every Breath You Take". It was too integral
to the plot to cut out or replace, and a DVD license for the
song would've been a bitch.

> but i need to record it off cable so ZI can have a complete
> season 1

I have some good news, some bad news, and some worse news.

The good news is that it's still airing on Court TV.

The bad news is that it's at 4:00am.

The worse news is that, at the moment, they're at the end
of the first season, so you'll have to wait a whole cycle
to get episode 1x04.

From Yahoo's TV listings:

Profiler - "Venom" [Part 1 of 2]
COURT, Tue May 04 04:00am EDT

Profiler - "Venom" [Part 2 of 2, Season 1 finale]
COURT, Wed May 05 04:00am EDT

Profiler - "Power Corrupts"
COURT, Thu May 06 04:00am EDT

Profiler - "Ambition in the Blood"
COURT, Fri May 07 04:00am EDT

Profiler - "Primal Scream"
COURT, Tue May 11 04:00am EDT

-- jayembee

Film Buff

Thanks
Will watch for it when it is run again

On 30 Apr 2004 05:33:23 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (jayembee) wrote:

>Film Buff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if any cable station is running "Profiler"?
>> I picked up season 3 today and need episode 4 from season 1
>> I kniw there was a problem with the music rights I think

>Yes, it was a music clearance issue. The episode "I'll Be
>Watching You" makes extensive use of a video of a cover band
>doing The Police's "Every Breath You Take". It was too integral
>to the plot to cut out or replace, and a DVD license for the
>song would've been a bitch.
>
>> but i need to record it off cable so ZI can have a complete
>> season 1

>I have some good news, some bad news, and some worse news.
>
>The good news is that it's still airing on Court TV.
>
>The bad news is that it's at 4:00am.
>
>The worse news is that, at the moment, they're at the end
>of the first season, so you'll have to wait a whole cycle
>to get episode 1x04.
>
>From Yahoo's TV listings:
>
> Profiler - "Venom" [Part 1 of 2]
>COURT, Tue May 04 04:00am EDT
>
> Profiler - "Venom" [Part 2 of 2, Season 1 finale]
>COURT, Wed May 05 04:00am EDT
>
> Profiler - "Power Corrupts"
>COURT, Thu May 06 04:00am EDT
>
> Profiler - "Ambition in the Blood"
>COURT, Fri May 07 04:00am EDT
>
> Profiler - "Primal Scream"
>COURT, Tue May 11 04:00am EDT
>

>-- jayembee

jayembee

Film Buff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know if any cable station is running "Profiler"?
> I picked up season 3 today and need episode 4 from season 1
> I kniw there was a problem with the music rights I think
> but i need to record it off cable so ZI can have a complete
> season 1

As an addendum to my previous reply, you might also want to
keep an eye out for the following:

The Pretender - "Spin Doctor"
TNT, Fri May 07 08:00am EDT

It's the first half of a second crossover between THE PRETENDER
and PROFILER, which aired during their fourth seasons. You may
have noticed that the PROFILER S3 set had the PROFILER half of
their first crossover, but not the PRETENDER half. It's too late
in TNT's current cycle to get that part of the first crossover,
but you might as well grab the PRETENDER half of the second
crossover in anticipation of the release of S4 of PROFILER
(which, again, likely won't include the PRETENDER half).

I've no idea whether Fox Home Video is planning a DVD release
of THE PRETENDER. If memory serves, it was in first or second
place in their What Series Would You Like to See on DVD? poll
last year, so I assume that it's a likely candidate for release,
but I've heard nothing solid one way or the other. The first
two seasons (in half-season sets) have been released in France,
though.

-- jayembee