Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > My Sony DVP-NS305 plays in black and white

My Sony DVP-NS305 plays in black and white

Steve

I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
need to do.
Can my player be made multi region using the remote.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Gary MacKenzie

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:32:59 +0100, "Steve"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
>another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
>Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
>need to do.
>Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
>
>Thank you in advance for any help.

connect the dvd to the tv with a fully wired 21 pin scart cable and
select rgb as the output method from the dvd drive.

Biz

Steve wrote:
> I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
> another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
> Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
> need to do.
> Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.

If it played it then it indeed is region free. YOu may be dealing with
a PAL/NTSC issue. I *think* you are in the UK, so you need to check how
your dvd player plays back NTSC material, and how your tv needs to be
set to display it, if it can. The argument can be reversed if you are
in an NTSC region.

Sparky

I have a cheap dawoo sp? and every now and again I hit the wrong
button and it switches to black & white. I don't know why that
feature is there- but it is. I simply push the button again- and
color is back.

Maybe you have a similar issue?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
>another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
>Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
>need to do.
>Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
>
>Thank you in advance for any help.

-Sparky

"She's mine, mine, mine you hear- you have all the wives you need!"
-Torgo

Ivan IV

news:408fdcc2$0$10683$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
> another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
> Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
> need to do.
> Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.

Fully connected SCART & RGB output should solve the problem - signal thus
by-passes the colour decoder in TV that obviously cannot handle either NTSC
or PAL. BTW some DVDs can output so called PAL60, which is an original
signal with 60Hz refresh rate, but with colours coded in PAL.

Ivan

The Electric Fan Club

"Ivan IV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6qlbg$3dj$(E-Mail Removed)-plus.net...
> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:408fdcc2$0$10683$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
> > another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
> > Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
> > need to do.
> > Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any help.
> >

> Fully connected SCART & RGB output should solve the problem - signal thus
> by-passes the colour decoder in TV that obviously cannot handle either

NTSC
> or PAL. BTW some DVDs can output so called PAL60, which is an original
> signal with 60Hz refresh rate, but with colours coded in PAL.

Actually known as PAL-M which is a legitimate video format. It is the
system used in Brazil and one or two other South American countries.

Ian.

molly w molly w is offline
Junior Member

after being silly and putting in a Blu ray my sony DVP-NS305 will only show a blue screen

is it for the bin - molly