Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Subject: WARNING: OPERA IS A SERIOUS THREAT TO YOUR COMPUTER

Re: Subject: WARNING: OPERA IS A SERIOUS THREAT TO YOUR COMPUTER

PDannyD

On Monday 02 January 2006 18:00, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
[(E-Mail Removed)] wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed)>

> Subject: WARNING: OPERA IS A SERIOUS THREAT TO YOUR COMPUTER

The biggest threat to a computer is the interface between the chair and
keyboard. Almost all the computer faults I've had to fix at work have been
caused solely by the computer user. All the virus infections we've ever had
have been caused by someone clicking on links in emails or downloading and
running software from dodgy download sites.

In my experience Opera has worked flawlessly and version 8.51 is the best
ever and is now free without adverts. On the rare occasions when it has
crashed it has given me the option of starting again from where I left off.
Opera has never lost me so much as a byte of data.

On a final note, downloading Opera from any other site than www.opera.com is
a recipe for disaster. Other people here have complained about severe OS
destruction which they initially blamed on Opera but turned out that they
had downloaded from a non-Opera source.