Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > For Sale- Winsor McCay DVD- cheap!

For Sale- Winsor McCay DVD- cheap!

Paul

Hi everyone,

I have for sale a brand new (sealed) DVD titled "Animation
Legend - Winsor McCay". Here is some information on the DVD"s contents
straight from Amazon.com:

Release Information:
Studio: E-Realbiz.Com
DVD Release Date: January 12, 1999
Run Time: 100 minutes
Production Company: Slingshot/Lumivision
Package Type: Keep Case

Aspect Ratio(s):

Full Screen (Standard) - 1.33:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: All Regions
Layers: Single
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)

Edition Details:
Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable
in other countries.) Read more about DVD formats.
Color, Black & White, Animated
"Animation Legend: Winsor McCay" was windowboxed during the digital
transfer, black borders appearing on all four sides of the picture, with
no loss of image.
Titles Include: McCay's first film, the stunning hand-colored "Little
Nemo" (1911), taken directly from the only known 35mm print in
existence, How A Mosquito Operates (1912), Gertie The Dinosaur (1914),
the dark and disturbing propaganda masterpiece, The Sinking Of The
Lusitania (191, The Pet (1921), Bug Vaudeville (1921) and The Flying
House (1921). Plus the extremely rare Gertie On Tour, The Centaurs &
Flip's Circus.

I am asking only $12.00 plus $3.00 to cover shipping/handling
anywhere in the U.S. I will accept checks (which will be held for 5 days
to ensure that they clear) and money orders. Please email me if you are
interested or have any questions.

Also, if you know of anyone (or any other groups/lists) who
might be interested, please feel free to forward this message to them.
Thank you!

-Paul.

Chika

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> " Titles Include: McCay's first film, the stunning hand-colored "Little
> Nemo" (1911), taken directly from the only known 35mm print in
> existence, How A Mosquito Operates (1912), Gertie The Dinosaur (1914),
> the dark and disturbing propaganda masterpiece, The Sinking Of The
> Lusitania (191, The Pet (1921), Bug Vaudeville (1921) and The Flying
> House (1921). Plus the extremely rare Gertie On Tour, The Centaurs &
> Flip's Circus.

I have this on VHS. Some of the above is incomplete, mostly because a lot
of it has deteriorated beyond recall. That includes the Gertie on Tour,
Centaurs and Flips' Circus, plus the Flying House is taken from a 16mm
copy, with extra bits from the 35mm original added where they still exist.
It's certainly worth it, however, if you are into the history of animation.

(btw, Region 1 DVD's operate outside the US/Canada, but only if you have a
player that can override or ignore region code settings. Also be careful
if you are using a colour/frame system that is different to the US, i.e.
NTSC colour system over 525 lines at 60Hz).

[f/u's to rec.arts.animation]

--
//\ // Chika <(E-Mail Removed). - ROT13>
// \// The second ZFC coming <crashnet.org.uk/zedeffcee>

.... File not found. I'll load something *I* think is interesting.

Rick Levinson

Chika <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > " Titles Include: McCay's first film, the stunning hand-colored "Little
> > Nemo" (1911), taken directly from the only known 35mm print in
> > existence, How A Mosquito Operates (1912), Gertie The Dinosaur (1914),
> > the dark and disturbing propaganda masterpiece, The Sinking Of The
> > Lusitania (191, The Pet (1921), Bug Vaudeville (1921) and The Flying
> > House (1921). Plus the extremely rare Gertie On Tour, The Centaurs &
> > Flip's Circus.

> I have this on VHS. Some of the above is incomplete, mostly because a lot
> of it has deteriorated beyond recall. That includes the Gertie on Tour,
> Centaurs and Flips' Circus, plus the Flying House is taken from a 16mm
> copy, with extra bits from the 35mm original added where they still exist.
> It's certainly worth it, however, if you are into the history of animation.
>
> (btw, Region 1 DVD's operate outside the US/Canada, but only if you have a
> player that can override or ignore region code settings. Also be careful
> if you are using a colour/frame system that is different to the US, i.e.
> NTSC colour system over 525 lines at 60Hz).
>
> [f/u's to rec.arts.animation]

Also ... Milestone will be releasing a Master Edition DVD of their
Winsor McCay title.

Any word on when that will be ready, Mr. D?

Rick