Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "The Final Countdown" Blue Underground DVD

"The Final Countdown" Blue Underground DVD

Jimbo700

I was in a Sam Goody's store yesterday and I saw the new release of "The
Final Countdown" DVD from Blue Underground.
It was available in a 2 disc Special Edition (with disc 1 a widescreen
version of the movie and disc 2 containing bonus features), and a 1 disc
movie only package..
I read all of the comments here regarding the PFE DVD so I didn't buy it,
but this new version even has the THX logo, so the picture and audio quality
must be decent at best. Do any of you have any experience with it? If so,
how is the picture and sound? Is the SE with bonus disc worth the extra $5
or should I just buy the movie itself. We've talked about this for many
years on this group so perhaps now there is a good version of a great movie,
right?

Michael Rogers

I got the single disc edition (if I had know about the 2 disc I would've
gotten that) and the video/audio quality is perfectly fine. A solid
anamorphic widescreen transfer.

Best,
Mike

Jimbo700 wrote:

> I was in a Sam Goody's store yesterday and I saw the new release of "The
> Final Countdown" DVD from Blue Underground.
> It was available in a 2 disc Special Edition (with disc 1 a widescreen
> version of the movie and disc 2 containing bonus features), and a 1 disc
> movie only package..
> I read all of the comments here regarding the PFE DVD so I didn't buy it,
> but this new version even has the THX logo, so the picture and audio quality
> must be decent at best. Do any of you have any experience with it? If so,
> how is the picture and sound? Is the SE with bonus disc worth the extra $5
> or should I just buy the movie itself. We've talked about this for many
> years on this group so perhaps now there is a good version of a great movie,
> right?

TSKO

All I can say is....they done did it right this time..

"Michael Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got the single disc edition (if I had know about the 2 disc I would've
> gotten that) and the video/audio quality is perfectly fine. A solid
> anamorphic widescreen transfer.
>
> Best,
> Mike
>
> Jimbo700 wrote:
> >
> > I was in a Sam Goody's store yesterday and I saw the new release of "The
> > Final Countdown" DVD from Blue Underground.
> > It was available in a 2 disc Special Edition (with disc 1 a widescreen
> > version of the movie and disc 2 containing bonus features), and a 1 disc
> > movie only package..
> > I read all of the comments here regarding the PFE DVD so I didn't buy

it,
> > but this new version even has the THX logo, so the picture and audio

quality
> > must be decent at best. Do any of you have any experience with it? If

so,
> > how is the picture and sound? Is the SE with bonus disc worth the

extra $5
> > or should I just buy the movie itself. We've talked about this for many
> > years on this group so perhaps now there is a good version of a great

movie,
> > right?

Brian The Demolition Man Little

That's it Jimbo700 I'm sick and tired of this crap!
Now someone hit my music....
> I was in a Sam Goody's store yesterday and I saw the new release of
> "The Final Countdown" DVD from Blue Underground.
> It was available in a 2 disc Special Edition (with disc 1 a widescreen
> version of the movie and disc 2 containing bonus features), and a 1
> disc movie only package..
> I read all of the comments here regarding the PFE DVD so I didn't buy
> it, but this new version even has the THX logo, so the picture and
> audio quality must be decent at best. Do any of you have any
> experience with it? If so, how is the picture and sound? Is the SE
> with bonus disc worth the extra $5 or should I just buy the movie
> itself. We've talked about this for many years on this group so
> perhaps now there is a good version of a great movie, right?

Yes its worth the extra $5 for the SE. In this case I got mine at
Circuit City for $19.99 and I enjoyed the extras. Like I said,
well worth it.

--
Demolition Man

Gram

"Jimbo700" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c6ep8e$1at7$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I was in a Sam Goody's store yesterday and I saw the new release of "The
> Final Countdown" DVD from Blue Underground.
> It was available in a 2 disc Special Edition (with disc 1 a widescreen
> version of the movie and disc 2 containing bonus features), and a 1 disc
> movie only package..
> I read all of the comments here regarding the PFE DVD so I didn't buy it,
> but this new version even has the THX logo, so the picture and audio quality
> must be decent at best. Do any of you have any experience with it? If so,
> how is the picture and sound? Is the SE with bonus disc worth the extra $5
> or should I just buy the movie itself. We've talked about this for many
> years on this group so perhaps now there is a good version of a great movie,
> right?

The picture and sound on the Blue Underground disc are outstanding.
And even if you don't watch any of the special features on disc 2, I
think the 3d hologram cover that only comes on the 2-disc set is worth
the extra $5!