Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Kill Bill Vol 1 Vivica A. Fox Question

Kill Bill Vol 1 Vivica A. Fox Question

Anon

I guess you've never seen a Samurai movie. Wait till later in Kill Bill,
when 88 trained killers attacker with swords all at once. In Samurai movie,
nobody would strike her from behind, nor would they attack her all at once.
You have to go along with the program and ignore these "miscues" if you want
to enjoy the movie.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sp
>

> I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
> right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
> trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
> when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
> could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
> have been able to make a body shot.

BubbCoop

<<Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
> > when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
> > could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
> > have been able to make a body shot.

Oh! The reason for that must be that it's a reference to something else, or
an in-joke, which you obviously missed. How uncool!

Divine intervention?

john33907@comcast.net

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:33:24 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Sp
>

>I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
>right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
>trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
>when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
>could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
>have been able to make a body shot.

And the rest of the film is so believeable. Ya mope

JMayer

And she's 3, 4 years out of practice, married and raising kids takes time
away from keeping gun skills sharp

"kevins_news2" <(E-Mail Removed)0spam.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:39:59 GMT, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Roger Zoul wrote on [Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:22:54 -0400]:
> >> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >>:: On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:17:33 -0700, "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >>:: wrote:
> >>::
> >>::: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>::: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>::::
> >>:::: I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was
> >>:::: taken right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't
> >>:::: she a trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the
> >>:::: kitchen when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box
> >>:::: notwithstanding. I could see a rube missing the shot but even
> >>:::: under duress she should have been able to make a body shot.
> >>:::
> >>::: Sometimes you just need to suspend disbelief, a trait that seems to
> >>::: become increasingly more difficult as our societies become
> >>::: increasingly cynical. Try anyway, though.
> >>:::
> >>::: On a more serious note, if you own a gun, try it for yourself to
> >>::: see just how hard it really is.
> >>::
> >>:: snip
> >>::
> >>:: Yeah, but dude I'm not a trained assassin and as far as suspending
> >>:: disbelief I am able to do that at the drop of a Dakota Fanning
> >>:: pretentious smile but this just shook me right out of my suspension.
> >>:: I would rather have seen Uma take a shoulder shot at the very least.
> >>
> >> I wondered the same thing....however, also consider that her character

was
> >> supposedly good with a knife....not a gun.
> >>

> >And aiming through a cereal box.

> I thought a good explanation would have been for them to somehow
> incoporate a small metal hotwheels car (or some other toy in the
> bottom of the cereal box) as the reason for the deflected bullet.
>
> But of course i guess it's just as improbable a small toy would
> deflect the bullet as it is for a trained assasin to miss. I was
> willing to go with the knife being her weapon of choice thing.

Hazzle Meredith

This is a movie where blood spurts out of torsos like water fountains and
people are woried about suspension of disbelief when it comes to aiming
through a box of cereal?

Shinner

(E-Mail Removed) (BubbCoop) wrote in news:20040423190500.03209.00000125@mb-
m28.aol.com:

> Divine intervention?

Naw, the script called for it

Joshua Zyber

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
> right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
> trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
> when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
> could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
> have been able to make a body shot.

Her specialty was edged weapons, not firearms.

Mike Jackson

> And aiming through a cereal box.

If they had been Lucky Charms, on the other hand...

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

Tad Bitt

"Mike Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > And aiming through a cereal box.

> If they had been Lucky Charms, on the other hand...
>
> Mike Jackson
> Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
> www.dvdverdict.com

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Would it be physically possible for Beatrix to break out of a coffin while
underground? The first thing we should realise is the "burial" part of the
scene only lasted a few minutes. With all that earth being piled on top of
the coffin, it seemed like a lot, however, it wasnt. This was not a full 6
foot hole they dug or filled. Probably more like 2.5 foot. Still, B would
have to withstand at least 2 minutes of no breathing while she works her way
against the earth's weight. She could stick her arm right upwards and create
an airway. Anyway, do you think this would be possible YEs or No?

Joshua Zyber

"Tad Bitt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Sq5kc.4374> >
>>>SPoiler Ahead, do not read if you havent seen both VOL 1 and

2<<<<<<<<<
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> ..
> .
> .
> .
> Would it be physically possible for Beatrix to break out of a coffin

while
> underground? The first thing we should realise is the "burial" part of

the
> scene only lasted a few minutes. With all that earth being piled on

top of
> the coffin, it seemed like a lot, however, it wasnt. This was not a

full 6
> foot hole they dug or filled. Probably more like 2.5 foot. Still, B

would
> have to withstand at least 2 minutes of no breathing while she works

her way
> against the earth's weight. She could stick her arm right upwards and

create
> an airway. Anyway, do you think this would be possible YEs or No?

You're arguing plausibility in a movie where a superhero woman slices up
dozens of Japanese gangsters and watches their bodies gush with geysers
of blood?

Suspension of disbelief, dude.

Kill Bill vol 2 Japan version Elliot Mantle DVD Video 25 08-28-2004 07:08 PM
kill bill vol 2 Dragon DVD Video 3 08-16-2004 10:01 AM
Kill Bill Vol 1, audio defects? Joe McGuckin DVD Video 12 06-15-2004 08:59 PM
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 DVD Review @ GENRE ONLINE.NET! Writer R5 DVD Video 1 04-05-2004 10:55 PM
Kill Bill Vol.1 R1/R2 DVD and More New Region 1/Region 2 DVD's Bos DVD Video 0 01-18-2004 09:58 AM

Advertisments