Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Kill Bill Vol 1 Vivica A. Fox Question

Kill Bill Vol 1 Vivica A. Fox Question

solipsistic@earthlink.net

Sp

I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
have been able to make a body shot.

damnfine

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
> right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
> trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
> when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
> could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
> have been able to make a body shot.

It's genre. Bad guys, good aim. Good guys, bad aim.

--
/^\damnfine/^\
"Somewhere in Texas, a village is being deprived of its idiot."

damnfine

"damnfine" wrote:
> > I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
> > right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
> > trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
> > when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
> > could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
> > have been able to make a body shot.

> It's genre. Bad guys, good aim. Good guys, bad aim.

Wow, I'm incredibly stupid. But you know what I meant.

--
/^\damnfine/^\
"Somewhere in Texas, a village is being deprived of its idiot."

Mike Kohary

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
> right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
> trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
> when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
> could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
> have been able to make a body shot.

Sometimes you just need to suspend disbelief, a trait that seems to become
increasingly more difficult as our societies become increasingly cynical.
Try anyway, though.

On a more serious note, if you own a gun, try it for yourself to see just
how hard it really is. Take it far out into the country away from other
people. Stand 10 feet away from a tree, then turn around to face away from
the tree. Now, spin and fire at the tree and see if you can hit it. It's
much, much harder than it seems that it should be.

Mike

solipsistic@earthlink.net

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:17:33 -0700, "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
>> right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
>> trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
>> when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
>> could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
>> have been able to make a body shot.

>Sometimes you just need to suspend disbelief, a trait that seems to become
>increasingly more difficult as our societies become increasingly cynical.
>Try anyway, though.
>
>On a more serious note, if you own a gun, try it for yourself to see just
>how hard it really is.

snip

Yeah, but dude I'm not a trained assassin and as far as suspending
disbelief I am able to do that at the drop of a Dakota Fanning
pretentious smile but this just shook me right out of my suspension. I
would rather have seen Uma take a shoulder shot at the very least.

Roger Zoul

:: On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:17:33 -0700, "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
:: wrote:
::
::: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
::: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
::::
:::: I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was
:::: taken right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't
:::: she a trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the
:::: kitchen when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box
:::: notwithstanding. I could see a rube missing the shot but even
:::: under duress she should have been able to make a body shot.
:::
::: Sometimes you just need to suspend disbelief, a trait that seems to
::: become increasingly more difficult as our societies become
::: increasingly cynical. Try anyway, though.
:::
::: On a more serious note, if you own a gun, try it for yourself to
::: see just how hard it really is.
::
:: snip
::
:: Yeah, but dude I'm not a trained assassin and as far as suspending
:: disbelief I am able to do that at the drop of a Dakota Fanning
:: pretentious smile but this just shook me right out of my suspension.
:: I would rather have seen Uma take a shoulder shot at the very least.

I wondered the same thing....however, also consider that her character was
supposedly good with a knife....not a gun.

Justin

Roger Zoul wrote on [Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:22:54 -0400]:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>:: On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:17:33 -0700, "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>:: wrote:
>::
>::: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>::: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>::::
>:::: I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was
>:::: taken right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't
>:::: she a trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the
>:::: kitchen when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box
>:::: notwithstanding. I could see a rube missing the shot but even
>:::: under duress she should have been able to make a body shot.
>:::
>::: Sometimes you just need to suspend disbelief, a trait that seems to
>::: become increasingly more difficult as our societies become
>::: increasingly cynical. Try anyway, though.
>:::
>::: On a more serious note, if you own a gun, try it for yourself to
>::: see just how hard it really is.
>::
>:: snip
>::
>:: Yeah, but dude I'm not a trained assassin and as far as suspending
>:: disbelief I am able to do that at the drop of a Dakota Fanning
>:: pretentious smile but this just shook me right out of my suspension.
>:: I would rather have seen Uma take a shoulder shot at the very least.
>
> I wondered the same thing....however, also consider that her character was
> supposedly good with a knife....not a gun.

And aiming through a cereal box.

Mark W

"damnfine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6b63t$9f474$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
> > right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
> > trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
> > when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
> > could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
> > have been able to make a body shot.

Oh! The reason for that must be that it's a reference to something else, or
an in-joke, which you obviously missed. How uncool!

kevins_news2

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:39:59 GMT, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Roger Zoul wrote on [Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:22:54 -0400]:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>:: On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:17:33 -0700, "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>:: wrote:
>>::
>>::: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>::: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>::::
>>:::: I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was
>>:::: taken right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't
>>:::: she a trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the
>>:::: kitchen when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box
>>:::: notwithstanding. I could see a rube missing the shot but even
>>:::: under duress she should have been able to make a body shot.
>>:::
>>::: Sometimes you just need to suspend disbelief, a trait that seems to
>>::: become increasingly more difficult as our societies become
>>::: increasingly cynical. Try anyway, though.
>>:::
>>::: On a more serious note, if you own a gun, try it for yourself to
>>::: see just how hard it really is.
>>::
>>:: snip
>>::
>>:: Yeah, but dude I'm not a trained assassin and as far as suspending
>>:: disbelief I am able to do that at the drop of a Dakota Fanning
>>:: pretentious smile but this just shook me right out of my suspension.
>>:: I would rather have seen Uma take a shoulder shot at the very least.
>>
>> I wondered the same thing....however, also consider that her character was
>> supposedly good with a knife....not a gun.
>>

>And aiming through a cereal box.

I thought a good explanation would have been for them to somehow
incoporate a small metal hotwheels car (or some other toy in the
bottom of the cereal box) as the reason for the deflected bullet.

But of course i guess it's just as improbable a small toy would
deflect the bullet as it is for a trained assasin to miss. I was
willing to go with the knife being her weapon of choice thing.

Dan P.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sp
>

> I have only just begun watching the DVD but very early on I was taken
> right out of the movie by Fox's miscues. Isn't she or wasn't she a
> trained assassin. Then how could she miss hitting Uma in the kitchen
> when she was only 10 or so feet away, cereal box notwithstanding. I
> could see a rube missing the shot but even under duress she should
> have been able to make a body shot.

You never saw Pulp Fiction, did you? If you did, then the answer is that
God moved the bullets away from Uma.

Dan

Kill Bill vol 2 Japan version Elliot Mantle DVD Video 25 08-28-2004 07:08 PM
kill bill vol 2 Dragon DVD Video 3 08-16-2004 10:01 AM
Kill Bill Vol 1, audio defects? Joe McGuckin DVD Video 12 06-15-2004 08:59 PM
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 DVD Review @ GENRE ONLINE.NET! Writer R5 DVD Video 1 04-05-2004 10:55 PM
Kill Bill Vol.1 R1/R2 DVD and More New Region 1/Region 2 DVD's Bos DVD Video 0 01-18-2004 09:58 AM

Advertisments