Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sorcerer Aspect Ratio

Sorcerer Aspect Ratio

Winston Corcoran

IMDB lists the AR as 1.66:1 but the DVD release is full screen (1.33:1).
There are some saying that it was only ever released with a full screen AR.
Can someone confirm or deny that ?

Also, a question about the movie itself:

Can someone explain the last scene? It's where the guy who helped Roy
Scheider's character get to the little Latin American shanty town shows up
there himself. What is the significance there? Is he looking to kill Roy
or has he himself been forced into exile there?

Thanks.

CNDA

"Winston Corcoran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5j0ic.2849176$(E-Mail Removed)...
> IMDB lists the AR as 1.66:1 but the DVD release is full screen

(1.33:1).
> There are some saying that it was only ever released with a full

screen AR.
> Can someone confirm or deny that ?

AFAIK, this movie has been released on a full screen DVD only.

> Also, a question about the movie itself:

> Can someone explain the last scene? It's where the guy who helped Roy
> Scheider's character get to the little Latin American shanty town

shows up
> there himself. What is the significance there? Is he looking to kill

Roy
> or has he himself been forced into exile there.

Just think, the guy that helped him get to that country is also probably
the only one that knows where he is. He is now there in order to carry
out a contract. Kind of merciful mission if you take a look the girl Roy
is dancing with.

A great flick.

CÚsar.

hey@swervedrivers.com

This has been a very informative thread. We were in the process of
trying to find if Sorcerer was available in widescreen, because we want
to screen cap it to death but we didn't want to bother now if a
widescreen version is coming out, which it looks like may not be the
case anytime soon. We have a few caps so far but not many:

http://www.swervedrivers.com/movies/sorcerer/

More later hopefully. Great flick.

Jackie & Jake

CNDA wrote:
> "Winston Corcoran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5j0ic.2849176$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > IMDB lists the AR as 1.66:1 but the DVD release is full screen

> (1.33:1).
> > There are some saying that it was only ever released with a full

> screen AR.
> > Can someone confirm or deny that ?
> >

> AFAIK, this movie has been released on a full screen DVD only.
>
> > Also, a question about the movie itself:

> > Can someone explain the last scene? It's where the guy who helped

Roy
> > Scheider's character get to the little Latin American shanty town

> shows up
> > there himself. What is the significance there? Is he looking to

kill
> Roy
> > or has he himself been forced into exile there.

> Just think, the guy that helped him get to that country is also

probably
> the only one that knows where he is. He is now there in order to

carry
> out a contract. Kind of merciful mission if you take a look the girl

Roy
> is dancing with.
>
> A great flick.
>
> CÚsar.

hey@swervedrivers.com

Okay, (A) we didn't realize you're not supposed to put URLs here, and
(B) we did not mean to post that message twice. Sorry. )

Jackie

P.S. Are we really NOT supposed to put URLs here? The wording in the
FAQs wasn't exactly clear to us. It said only that we could be reported
to our ISP.

Mike Kohary

> Okay, (A) we didn't realize you're not supposed to put URLs here, and
> (B) we did not mean to post that message twice. Sorry. )
>
> Jackie
>
> P.S. Are we really NOT supposed to put URLs here? The wording in the
> FAQs wasn't exactly clear to us. It said only that we could be
> reported to our ISP.

Of course you can post URLs here. Don't pay any attention to that thing you
read - it's not the FAQ. It's just some weirdo on a crusade - ignore him.
The real FAQ is at:

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

Richard C.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Okay, (A) we didn't realize you're not supposed to put URLs here, and
> (B) we did not mean to post that message twice. Sorry. )
>
> Jackie
>
> P.S. Are we really NOT supposed to put URLs here? The wording in the
> FAQs wasn't exactly clear to us. It said only that we could be reported
> to our ISP.

Of COURSE you are allowed to put URLs in your post!
that is preferred to putting binaries.