Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > extract video or stills from svcd

extract video or stills from svcd

Chris

I am trying to get the video stream from a svcd in order to be able to run
it in xp's movie maker or some other app to be able to extract still photos
from it.
Bottom line is I want to get stills (from the svcd) and print pics from
them.

Mike Davis

> I am trying to get the video stream from a svcd in order to be able to run
> it in xp's movie maker or some other app to be able to extract still

photos
> from it.
> Bottom line is I want to get stills (from the svcd) and print pics from
> them.

Chris,
If all you want is still images, just use PowerDVD or WinDVD to view the
SVCD. Both offer screen grab type snapshot functions (in PowerDVD the button
actually looks like a little camera.) FYI most DVD programs will also play
VCD's and many play SVCD too. If not you may be able to find a plug-in on
the site to allow that function. All the best, Mike