Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > 300+ Disk DVD Changer Advice

300+ Disk DVD Changer Advice

new2this

I'm considering getting a large capacity DVD changer and my research
so far has been disappointing. The most important aspect of a
changer, to me, is that it be able to easily catalog and organize the
disks. I had expected to find that most changers would have an
Ethernet or WiFi connection that would retrieve CD and DVD information
(like titles, genre, and thumbnails) from the internet to
automatically catalog the disks. Unfortunately, I have yet to find
one that can do more than read DVD or CD-text. Can anyone recommend a
player that will provide the functions that I am looking for?

luminos

"new2this" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'm considering getting a large capacity DVD changer and my research
> so far has been disappointing. The most important aspect of a
> changer, to me, is that it be able to easily catalog and organize the
> disks. I had expected to find that most changers would have an
> Ethernet or WiFi connection that would retrieve CD and DVD information
> (like titles, genre, and thumbnails) from the internet to
> automatically catalog the disks.

LOL

Impmon

On 17 Apr 2004 21:43:06 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (new2this) wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a
>player that will provide the functions that I am looking for?

A PC with 300 disc changer hacked into a DVD-ROM is probably the
closest to what you wanted. I don't think anyone's marketed a
multi-disc player with connection to computer or internet.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Pug Fugley

As if needing a 300 disc changer isn't lazy enough in the first place!

"new2this" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'm considering getting a large capacity DVD changer and my research
> so far has been disappointing. The most important aspect of a
> changer, to me, is that it be able to easily catalog and organize the
> disks. I had expected to find that most changers would have an
> Ethernet or WiFi connection that would retrieve CD and DVD information
> (like titles, genre, and thumbnails) from the internet to
> automatically catalog the disks. Unfortunately, I have yet to find
> one that can do more than read DVD or CD-text. Can anyone recommend a
> player that will provide the functions that I am looking for?

Michael

Not as lazy as your thinking. I'm sure if you think harder you might be
able to come up with a reason, other than laziness, for someone wanting to
be able to change discs in a machine.

"Pug Fugley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:G2pgc.17491$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> As if needing a 300 disc changer isn't lazy enough in the first place!

Deborah Proctor

news:c5t9uk$59dn1$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Not as lazy as your thinking. I'm sure if you think harder you might be
> able to come up with a reason, other than laziness, for someone wanting to
> be able to change discs in a machine.

Or storage... When you've got 700 like me storage becomes a huge issue.

Deborah Proctor
(E-Mail Removed)

Pete

(E-Mail Removed) (new2this) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I'm considering getting a large capacity DVD changer and my research
> so far has been disappointing. The most important aspect of a
> changer, to me, is that it be able to easily catalog and organize the
> disks. I had expected to find that most changers would have an
> Ethernet or WiFi connection that would retrieve CD and DVD information
> (like titles, genre, and thumbnails) from the internet to
> automatically catalog the disks. Unfortunately, I have yet to find
> one that can do more than read DVD or CD-text. Can anyone recommend a
> player that will provide the functions that I am looking for?

Try this - no wifi though

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-
bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-
Start;sid=rgbqXuAUm3_qV6CWYnjgVa8ZkwuFll3pslk=?
CategoryName=hav_DVD_DVDPlayers&ProductSKU=DVPCX98 5V&Dept=hav

Impmon

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:39:28 GMT, "Deborah Proctor"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Or storage... When you've got 700 like me storage becomes a huge issue.

SO I take it when you get that huge multidisc player, you throw out
the DVD cases to regain some spaces?
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Justin

Impmon wrote on [Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:24:42 -0400]:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:39:28 GMT, "Deborah Proctor"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Or storage... When you've got 700 like me storage becomes a huge issue.

> SO I take it when you get that huge multidisc player, you throw out
> the DVD cases to regain some spaces?

And I take it that a new changer is bought after every 300 discs

new2this

"Pug Fugley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<G2pgc.17491$(E-Mail Removed) thlink.net>...
> As if needing a 300 disc changer isn't lazy enough in the first place!

So do you consider anything that makes life easier or saves time to
also make you lazy? Do you own a microwave, hot water heater,
electric shaver, etc. ? You had better throw them out lest you go to
hell for committing the sin of sloth.