Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Standalone DVD recorder that also plays 6 channel DVD-Audio

Standalone DVD recorder that also plays 6 channel DVD-Audio

Z Man

Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no dvd
recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
Anything new available now, or even announced?

luminos

http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/denon_dvd_2900/\

There are a few other models from Sony etc. some of which range in the
$2,000 US range.

"Z Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsclgc.34916$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no dvd
> recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
> Anything new available now, or even announced?

Z Man

"luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/denon_dvd_2900/\
>

> There are a few other models from Sony etc. some of which range in the
> $2,000 US range.
>
> "Z Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsclgc.34916$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> > Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no

dvd
> > recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
> > Anything new available now, or even announced?

Is this a recorder? There are lots of DVD players that will play DVD-Audio,
and at least one dvd recorder that will play DVD-Audio in 2-channel format.
What I am looking for is a DVD-recorder (any format, DVD-R, +R, DVD-RAM,
etc) that will also play DVD-Audio in six channel mode. It doesn't look to
me as if the Denon unit you mention is a recorder. I hope I am wrong, as I
am a big fan of Denon. The centerpiece of my home audio system is a Denon
AVR-5800 receiver.

luminos

Sorry...I missed the DVD recorder...

"Z Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsclgc.34916$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no dvd
> recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
> Anything new available now, or even announced?

luminos

The only one that even plays DVD Audio (2-channel) is the top end
Panasonic..at least around here.
"luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry...I missed the DVD recorder...
>
> "Z Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsclgc.34916$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> > Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no

dvd
> > recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
> > Anything new available now, or even announced?

Z Man

"luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The only one that even plays DVD Audio (2-channel) is the top end
> Panasonic..at least around here.
> "luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry...I missed the DVD recorder...
> >
> > "Z Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsclgc.34916$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> > > Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no

> dvd
> > > recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
> > > Anything new available now, or even announced?

That's what I thought. I suppose I'll wait a while and see if anything new
materializes.

BD

A related question - Does anybody know of a DVD Recorder that has
digital audio input?

luminos

"BD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A related question - Does anybody know of a DVD Recorder that has
> digital audio input?

None. A lot of these capabilities are omitted by design so that copy
protection cannot be subverted in any way, or the MPAA and RIAA would cause
trouble (and in fact had a number of players were removed from the market a
few years back for the ROMs to be re-worked...such as Apex).

BD

Are there used Apex models out there then that have digital audio
input???