Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > TmpgEnc Audio Problem

TmpgEnc Audio Problem

Kardon Coupé

I have an Audio problem, and I can't rectify it, I have posted b4, and
misplaced the reply....

I have no audio when I convert with TmpgEnc, I remember being told that
increasing the priority of something in the Enviorment Options, but I can't
remember...
I have also downloaded the AC3 decoder, and still no Audio.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards.

Grayham

Hi ya I was told this
"try increasing the priority of the directshow reader in options >
environmental setting > vfapi plug in"

It did not work at first so i checked out my avi with gspot and found some
of my codec's where not configured properly. I uninstalled them and
reinstalled them and then tried the above again and all worked fine.
Virtualdubmod will tell you if there is anything wrong with the file, It
turned out the file i was using had a corrupted header and would only be
read by certain codec's.

Hope some of that helps

"G"

"Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5q32a$nnh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an Audio problem, and I can't rectify it, I have posted b4, and
> misplaced the reply....
>
> I have no audio when I convert with TmpgEnc, I remember being told that
> increasing the priority of something in the Enviorment Options, but I

can't
> remember...
> I have also downloaded the AC3 decoder, and still no Audio.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Regards.

Kardon Coupé

On 2 at the mo, and still no audio.

"Grayham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5q4ea$fa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ya I was told this
> "try increasing the priority of the directshow reader in options >
> environmental setting > vfapi plug in"
>
> It did not work at first so i checked out my avi with gspot and found some
> of my codec's where not configured properly. I uninstalled them and
> reinstalled them and then tried the above again and all worked fine.
> Virtualdubmod will tell you if there is anything wrong with the file, It
> turned out the file i was using had a corrupted header and would only be
> read by certain codec's.
>
> Hope some of that helps
>
> "G"
>

> "Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c5q32a$nnh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have an Audio problem, and I can't rectify it, I have posted b4, and
> > misplaced the reply....
> >
> > I have no audio when I convert with TmpgEnc, I remember being told that
> > increasing the priority of something in the Enviorment Options, but I

> can't
> > remember...
> > I have also downloaded the AC3 decoder, and still no Audio.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Regards.

Wooducoodu

if the file youre trying to convert has ac3 audio nothing will make it work
with tmpgenc. you'll have to convert the audio to wav first.

"Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5q6ef$464$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2 at the mo, and still no audio.
>
> "Grayham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c5q4ea$fa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi ya I was told this
> > "try increasing the priority of the directshow reader in options >
> > environmental setting > vfapi plug in"
> >
> > It did not work at first so i checked out my avi with gspot and found

some
> > of my codec's where not configured properly. I uninstalled them and
> > reinstalled them and then tried the above again and all worked fine.
> > Virtualdubmod will tell you if there is anything wrong with the file, It
> > turned out the file i was using had a corrupted header and would only be
> > read by certain codec's.
> >
> > Hope some of that helps
> >
> > "G"
> >

> > "Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c5q32a$nnh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have an Audio problem, and I can't rectify it, I have posted b4, and
> > > misplaced the reply....
> > >
> > > I have no audio when I convert with TmpgEnc, I remember being told

that
> > > increasing the priority of something in the Enviorment Options, but I

> > can't
> > > remember...
> > > I have also downloaded the AC3 decoder, and still no Audio.
> > >
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> > >
> > > Regards.

Kardon Coupé

That hard?

"Wooducoodu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dD1gc.335$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> if the file youre trying to convert has ac3 audio nothing will make it

work
> with tmpgenc. you'll have to convert the audio to wav first.
>
> "Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c5q6ef$464$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On 2 at the mo, and still no audio.
> >
> > "Grayham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c5q4ea$fa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi ya I was told this
> > > "try increasing the priority of the directshow reader in options >
> > > environmental setting > vfapi plug in"
> > >
> > > It did not work at first so i checked out my avi with gspot and found

> some
> > > of my codec's where not configured properly. I uninstalled them and
> > > reinstalled them and then tried the above again and all worked fine.
> > > Virtualdubmod will tell you if there is anything wrong with the file,

It
> > > turned out the file i was using had a corrupted header and would only

be
> > > read by certain codec's.
> > >
> > > Hope some of that helps
> > >
> > > "G"
> > >

> > > "Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:c5q32a$nnh$(E-Mail Removed)...

and

> that

> > > can't

Wooducoodu

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/guides.php?t...or+List+Guides

there's one way. you can also seperate the audio with virtualdub and convert with besweet.

"Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c5qcdq$srr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That hard?
>
> "Wooducoodu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dD1gc.335$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > if the file youre trying to convert has ac3 audio nothing will make it

> work
> > with tmpgenc. you'll have to convert the audio to wav first.
> >
> > "Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c5q6ef$464$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > On 2 at the mo, and still no audio.
> > >
> > > "Grayham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:c5q4ea$fa$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > some

> It

> be

> and

> > that

solipsistic@earthlink.net

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:36:41 GMT, "Wooducoodu"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>if the file youre trying to convert has ac3 audio nothing will make it work
>with tmpgenc. you'll have to convert the audio to wav first.

snip

Perhaps I am confused. If you rip a vob file to the hard drive isn't
the audio stream always an ac3 audio file. When I rip commentay tracks
or the entire audio from the movie it always results in a ac3 file. If
that is correct then is tmpgenc does not apply to these dvd ripped
files.

Ken Maltby

"Kardon Coupé" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5q32a$nnh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an Audio problem, and I can't rectify it, I have posted b4, and
> misplaced the reply....
>
> I have no audio when I convert with TmpgEnc, I remember being told that
> increasing the priority of something in the Enviorment Options, but I

can't
> remember...
> I have also downloaded the AC3 decoder, and still no Audio.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Regards.

Which "TMPGEnc" are you talking about? The TMPGEnc Encoder?
The TMPGEnc DVD Author?

If when you "convert with TmpgEnc" you mean the author to DVD/
convert to .vob process - then TMPGEnc DVD Author will process the
AC3 audio (as stereo) but you won't hear it until you play the result.
(Unless you have properly installed the AC3 decoder)

Luck;
Ken

Wooducoodu

if it's a dvd rip you run it through dvd2avi first and decode to wav.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:36:41 GMT, "Wooducoodu"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >if the file youre trying to convert has ac3 audio nothing will make it

work
> >with tmpgenc. you'll have to convert the audio to wav first.

> snip
>
> Perhaps I am confused. If you rip a vob file to the hard drive isn't
> the audio stream always an ac3 audio file. When I rip commentay tracks
> or the entire audio from the movie it always results in a ac3 file. If
> that is correct then is tmpgenc does not apply to these dvd ripped
> files.

solipsistic@earthlink.net

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:51:17 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snips

> If when you "convert with TmpgEnc" you mean the author to DVD/
>convert to .vob process - then TMPGEnc DVD Author will process the
>AC3 audio (as stereo) but you won't hear it until you play the result.
>(Unless you have properly installed the AC3 decoder)

TMPGEnc DVD Author. In another thread I have a registered copy of
author and the ac3 decoder but no audio. How did you install the
decoder "properly" or did you just accept the default installation.
Perhaps incorrectly I choose to install the decoder into the TMPGEnc
DVD Author.folder and when I look at the about info it tmpgenc the
decoder info should show up but it is lacking.