Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Newbie Q to copy a non-protected DVD.

Newbie Q to copy a non-protected DVD.

OleCG

Hi,

A friend of mine has one of those devices you can record something on TV
onto a DVD. Every DVD also comes with a menu where I can go to the different
recording.
OK, I want to make copies of those DVD's because after sometime they get
ruined because someone manages to scratch them up or whatever.
When I put the DVD in my PC-DVD player, I can see all files. They are IFO,
VOB & BUP files. All the IFO and BUP all very small, but the VOB seems to
contain the "data".
What are the procedures for copying such DVD ? I have an internal 8x Pioneer
DVD -+ writer and a licensed version of Nero. I've tried to find sources on
the net for doing this and found different sites all explaining how to RIP,
convert etc. but believe my case should be more "straightforward".

Thanks in advance.
olecg

luminos

Use the Nero copy function under the DVD tab. Simple. You just need to
copy all the files over to the new DVD (and the folders...the structure must
remain exact).

"OleCG" <olecg"removethis"@east.no> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine has one of those devices you can record something on TV
> onto a DVD. Every DVD also comes with a menu where I can go to the

different
> recording.
> OK, I want to make copies of those DVD's because after sometime they get
> ruined because someone manages to scratch them up or whatever.
> When I put the DVD in my PC-DVD player, I can see all files. They are IFO,
> VOB & BUP files. All the IFO and BUP all very small, but the VOB seems to
> contain the "data".
> What are the procedures for copying such DVD ? I have an internal 8x

Pioneer
> DVD -+ writer and a licensed version of Nero. I've tried to find sources

on
> the net for doing this and found different sites all explaining how to

RIP,
> convert etc. but believe my case should be more "straightforward".
>
> Thanks in advance.
> olecg

OleCG

Thanks,