Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > VCD Playback Problem

VCD Playback Problem

SIR Gary G

Maybe someone may have some idea about what is happening with some VCD's and my
computer. They play fine on every computer I try them on, except mine, yet I
can get my computer to play another VCD sampler with no problem. On the sampler
it goes in, reads the .dat file and plays. When I put in the other VCD it finds
the .dat file and then gives me an error message saying the format is not
supported. I have tried media player as well as quite a few of the VCD players
I downloaded and all of them give me the same error message. Does anyone have
any idea why this is happening and what I need to do to get them to play on my
computer? Is there a codec missing? Am I missing a file needed to play them?
Any help would be appreciated.
Please e-mail direct.
Sir G

Mike Davis

"SIR Gary G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe someone may have some idea about what is happening with some VCD's

and my
> computer. They play fine on every computer I try them on, except mine, yet

> can get my computer to play another VCD sampler with no problem. On the

sampler
> it goes in, reads the .dat file and plays. When I put in the other VCD it

finds
> the .dat file and then gives me an error message saying the format is not
> supported. I have tried media player as well as quite a few of the VCD

players
> I downloaded and all of them give me the same error message. Does anyone

have
> any idea why this is happening and what I need to do to get them to play

on my
> computer? Is there a codec missing? Am I missing a file needed to play

them?
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Please e-mail direct.
> Sir G

Sir G,
Here's how to get Media Player to play VCD's;
With Media Player open go to the file menu and select the disc, you'll see
from four to six folders on the VCD. Double click the MPEGAV folder. You
won't see any files as the dialog box says at the bottom "Media files (all
types.) Just drop down the menu to the bottom of the media files list and
you'll see "Any file (*.*)." Once you do that you can see the file named
AVSEQ01.DAT or MUSIC1.DAT (whatever it is doesn't really matter, it's the
right file). Simply open that file and the VCD will play correctly in Media
Player. All the best, Mike

SIR Gary G

>MUSIC1.DAT

> Simply open that file and the VCD will play correctly in Media
>Player.

I have tried that with no luck. For some reason they will play in every other
computer i have tried them on except mine and i cant figure out why.
SG

vsim-vcd-3228 Error vcd simulation neo_anderson VHDL 0 01-10-2008 12:46 PM
JVC Digital video Camera - problem with playback Pat Mahoney Digital Photography 2 07-14-2004 03:48 PM
VCD Playback George Kinley DVD Video 2 04-06-2004 06:03 PM
Problem with Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD playback Maurice DVD Video 10 11-27-2003 07:33 PM
dvd playback problem AncientMariner Computer Support 0 08-26-2003 08:52 PM

Advertisments