Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > S-Video Cable?

S-Video Cable?

(Pete Cresswell)

My TV has a receptacle.

The new VCR we bought has a receptacle.

Is this something where I can buy one cord to connect the two boxes and get rid
all the other connecting wires?

Specifically, will it carry the TV broadcast signal as well as the audio/videos?
--
PeteCresswell

TCS

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 01:20:24 GMT, (Pete Cresswell) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>My TV has a receptacle.

>The new VCR we bought has a receptacle.

>Is this something where I can buy one cord to connect the two boxes and get rid
>all the other connecting wires?

>Specifically, will it carry the TV broadcast signal as well as the audio/videos?

It won't carry broadcast signals and it won't carry audio.

It only carries video (the picture).

Biz

IF you bought a SVHS VCR, it will have an s-video jack on it, But you will
also need to connect a right and left audio cable up as well. Of course, if
you want to record and have full standalone functionalty of your tv from
your cable/satellite/antenna/whatever you use/etc... you most likely will
need to go from the cable.sat/etc.., to the vcr, then on to the tv as well.
So bare minimum you will need the coaxial cable connection from your
provider, and the cables running to/from your vcr.
"(Pete Cresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My TV has a receptacle.
>
> The new VCR we bought has a receptacle.
>
> Is this something where I can buy one cord to connect the two boxes and

get rid
> all the other connecting wires?
>
> Specifically, will it carry the TV broadcast signal as well as the

audio/videos?
> --
> PeteCresswell

Jordan Lund

"(Pete Cresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> My TV has a receptacle.
>
> The new VCR we bought has a receptacle.
>
> Is this something where I can buy one cord to connect the two boxes and get rid
> all the other connecting wires?
>
> Specifically, will it carry the TV broadcast signal as well as the audio/videos?

The S-Video cable is just that... video. You still need to connect the
red and white audio cables.

That being said, the picture on S-Video is much, much better. I'd say
go for it!

- Jordan