Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Anyone has any good Netflix tips?

Reply
Thread Tools

Anyone has any good Netflix tips?

 
 
Reginald Dwight
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-15-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Moviezzz) wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in sending new ones?


I think it's safe to say that questions like this one without naming
your location and hub are somewhat futile.

I have seen no slowdown in So. Cal. using the Santa Ana hub.

> I've been with them a few years now and in the last month or so, when they
> check a return in in the morning, they normally don't pick the next title
> until
> the afternoon and ship it until the next day.
>
> It used to be in the morning they would check it in and pick the next one and
> send it out that afternoon.
>
> Plus, I mailed three back on Sunday, from the same mailbox. One got credited
> as a return on Monday, so far today they got the second and the third is
> still
> out there.
>
> Normally I get 5 a week (I'm on the 5 at a time plan). This week, I'll be
> lucky if I get 2 and all 5 were returned in enough time to get 5 this week.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Aaron R. Schnuth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-15-2004

"Reginald Dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)ospam (Moviezzz) wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in sending new ones?

>
> I think it's safe to say that questions like this one without naming
> your location and hub are somewhat futile.
>
> I have seen no slowdown in So. Cal. using the Santa Ana hub.


I'm in NW Ohio, and it looks like I'm using the Cleveland hub. I
usually get my movies in two days, but sometimes I'll get it in one. I've
been using them for about a month now, and I really like the service. They
have quite a few titles I would not find at my local video store.

Aaron



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The Best Little Icebreaker In Texas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-15-2004
"Reginald Dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <cWlfc.462$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Pusenaminous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > When they send you an email asking you how many days it takes to get a

DVD
> > to you, don't answer it!

>
> Tinfoil hat squad member.
>
> > I told the truth, that it took one day, and now they always take 2 days

to
> > get to me. I'm sure they are delaying mailing them out so I get fewer a
> > month.

>
> I'm sure that people believe this to be true. The question is asked to
> simply calculate the delivery dates posted at the website. I asked and
> answered truthfully and still get my deliveries usually a day before the
> listed arrival time. One day in almost every case.


Actually, you both make some good points. I have answered their questions
and never seen a slowdown in service, but i'm probably more inclined at this
point to not answer any further questions. All they need to know is whether
or not i'm satisfied. If I haven't left their service, then i'm satisfied.
What I was surprised to see today is that they are shipping two New Releases
to me. I just rented Timeline and Cheaper By The Dozen. I was going to wait
till they'd been out a while because i'd been told that existing members and
members who rent a lot are bumped to the bottom of the list in favor of
trial members. I'd been doing that for a while, but decided this week to see
if I could get those films with the "Short Wait" asap. I did and they are
shipping out today. Sooooooo.......I don't know what to tell people. It
works for me.


--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
ICEBREAKER
"President Clinton was often known as the first black president. I wouldn't
be upset if I could earn the right to be the second." - John Kerry

"John Kerry is not a black man. He is a privileged white man who has no idea
what it is... to be a poor white in this country, let alone a black man."
Paula Diane Harris, Andrew Young National Center for Social Change.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pusenaminous
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-15-2004

"Reginald Dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Pusenaminous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > When they send you an email asking you how many days it takes to get a

DVD
> > to you, don't answer it!

>
> Tinfoil hat squad member.
>
> > I told the truth, that it took one day, and now they always take 2 days

to
> > get to me. I'm sure they are delaying mailing them out so I get fewer a
> > month.

>
> I'm sure that people believe this to be true. The question is asked to
> simply calculate the delivery dates posted at the website. I asked and
> answered truthfully and still get my deliveries usually a day before the
> listed arrival time. One day in almost every case.
>
> > I live in the same state as one of the distrubution centers. It takes

one
> > day to get back to them, but 2 days to get to me. BS.

>
> Which means it's possible that your disc could be delivered to them in a
> pm shipment - therefore causing a late check-in that forces them to have
> to send out the next disc the following morning.
>
> Do you actually know when they get your discs?


Well, Elton, what I know is that before I answered that stupid questionaire
I received my
discs the next day after they indicated they were shipped and now I receive
them 2 days later. This is consistent. When I mail them back, morning or
evening, they are checked in the next day. The change wasn't immediate after
answering the email, but delivery speed did change and has remained changed
ever since.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Reginald Dwight
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-15-2004
In article <7Zzfc.744$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Pusenaminous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well, Elton,


Heh heh.

> what I know is that before I answered that stupid questionaire
> I received my
> discs the next day after they indicated they were shipped and now I receive
> them 2 days later. This is consistent.


Check. Do you know whether there was a change in you mail-back address
at any point?

> When I mail them back, morning or
> evening, they are checked in the next day.


But I was asking if they checked in at the hub in the morning or
evening? You are also aware that depending on where the requested DVD is
located has everything to do with it's transport time to you. In other
words, ALL the discs I send back take one day because they always go to
the same place; discs send TO me arrive at different time intervals
because of the fact thatwhere they are being shipped from is NOT always
the same place.

> The change wasn't immediate after
> answering the email, but delivery speed did change and has remained changed
> ever since.


I understand. I just don't see that this *definitive* proof that the
questionnaire was used to create artificial delays.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any good alternative to Netflix? wunnuy@netzero.net DVD Video 27 07-12-2011 06:39 PM
501 PIX "deny any any" "allow any any" Any Anybody? Networking Student Cisco 4 11-16-2006 10:40 PM
Netflix DVD's, what has changed to make them unloadable? Roger DVD Video 15 03-07-2004 10:33 PM
Question to all who feel Netflix has quick turnaround time. Don B DVD Video 17 02-17-2004 02:39 AM
Does anyone know them or has any experience with them (good or bad)? Mike Timbell Digital Photography 9 11-13-2003 01:09 AM



Advertisments