Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Anyone has any good Netflix tips?

Anyone has any good Netflix tips?

Snow

Like how to get them send out faster?
Any tips will be helpful, thanks.

--
"Don't Be An Asshole, Vote Democratic"
http://www.blackstarsblog.com/bushin41point2.htm

Reginald Dwight

In article <c5k5du$2ljq2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
"Snow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Like how to get them send out faster?
> Any tips will be helpful, thanks.

Watch them the night you get them and send them back the next day. Or
even better, watch them the minute you get them and quickly run down to
the post office and mail them back before last pickup.

Seriously, there isn't much you can do short of moving closer to one of
their service hubs. Since when did Netflix start doing business in
Germany, Herr Snow?

Snow

"Reginald Dwight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <c5k5du$2ljq2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> "Snow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Like how to get them send out faster?
> > Any tips will be helpful, thanks.

> Watch them the night you get them and send them back the next day. Or
> even better, watch them the minute you get them and quickly run down to
> the post office and mail them back before last pickup.
>
> Seriously, there isn't much you can do short of moving closer to one of
> their service hubs. Since when did Netflix start doing business in
> Germany, Herr Snow?

I'm using a free news server from Germany. I live in Florida.

Pat

Be sharp about what time the USPS picks up the mail in the slot you stick
the return. I was leaving off my Netflix DVD, where I have a PO Box, and
thought they picked up mail all day. No. They picked up at 5:30PM and it
just sits there all day, if I mail back in the morning. I will not make that
mistake again. For one subscription, you can do 6 DVDs a week! Its
technically possible to do 9 if you strategize and plan your returns by
knowing how and when the post office routes the DVD back to Netflix.

"Snow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5k5du$2ljq2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Like how to get them send out faster?
> Any tips will be helpful, thanks.
>
> --
> "Don't Be An Asshole, Vote Democratic"
> http://www.blackstarsblog.com/bushin41point2.htm

I, Icebreaker

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lFkfc.54101$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Be sharp about what time the USPS picks up the mail in the slot you stick
> the return. I was leaving off my Netflix DVD, where I have a PO Box, and
> thought they picked up mail all day. No. They picked up at 5:30PM and it
> just sits there all day, if I mail back in the morning. I will not make

that
> mistake again. For one subscription, you can do 6 DVDs a week! Its
> technically possible to do 9 if you strategize and plan your returns by
> knowing how and when the post office routes the DVD back to Netflix.

This question comes up a lot. Is there an FAQ with the answer in it?

But yeah, you need to

#1 Be cognizant of how your local postal service works. I generally drop
mine off at the post office as I head to work each morning, rather than wait
for the mailman to pick them up in mid-afternoon. That makes a difference
for me, because often Netflix gets them the next day, logs them in, then
ships out my next available one the same day, and it ends up in my mailbox
the next afternoon.

#2 Try and return them the next day. The more you get, the more the plan
pays off. This also requires a bit of scheduling. Sometimes I try and get a
longer dvd for the weekend i.e. Smallville or 24 (two series I've never seen
before but am now watching thru my rental program with Netflix), and save
the "short" 2 hour dvd's for the middle of the week.

I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again: if you are diligent about
the way you use Netflix, it will lower the prices per dvd to such a degree
that you can even enjoy some of the lesser titles that might've piqued your
interest, but could never commit yourself to paying for either at the
theater or for $3.99 at Blockbuster. The pricing plan actually opens the
door for you to enjoy a wider range of movies than you previously would
have, because now you aren't worrying about whether to commit your weekend
Blockbuster money to Title A or Title B. It's made it economical for me to
see both Title A and Title B. In fact, I recently rented Pola X, a French
film, that I had never been able to find in Blockbuster.

ICEBREAKER
"President Clinton was often known as the first black president. I wouldn't
be upset if I could earn the right to be the second." - John Kerry

"John Kerry is not a black man. He is a privileged white man who has no idea
what it is... to be a poor white in this country, let alone a black man."
Paula Diane Harris, Andrew Young National Center for Social Change.

#2 Try and return them the next day. The more you get, the more the plan

#2 Try and return them the next day. The more you get, the more the plan
[...]

Pusenaminous

"Snow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5k5du$2ljq2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Like how to get them send out faster?
> Any tips will be helpful, thanks.

When they send you an email asking you how many days it takes to get a DVD
to you, don't answer it!
I told the truth, that it took one day, and now they always take 2 days to
get to me. I'm sure they are delaying mailing them out so I get fewer a
month.
I live in the same state as one of the distrubution centers. It takes one
day to get back to them, but 2 days to get to me. BS.

Reginald Dwight

In article <cWlfc.462$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Pusenaminous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When they send you an email asking you how many days it takes to get a DVD
> to you, don't answer it!

Tinfoil hat squad member.

> I told the truth, that it took one day, and now they always take 2 days to
> get to me. I'm sure they are delaying mailing them out so I get fewer a
> month.

I'm sure that people believe this to be true. The question is asked to
simply calculate the delivery dates posted at the website. I asked and
answered truthfully and still get my deliveries usually a day before the
listed arrival time. One day in almost every case.

> I live in the same state as one of the distrubution centers. It takes one
> day to get back to them, but 2 days to get to me. BS.

Which means it's possible that your disc could be delivered to them in a
pm shipment - therefore causing a late check-in that forces them to have
to send out the next disc the following morning.

Do you actually know when they get your discs?

Moviezzz

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in sending new ones?

I've been with them a few years now and in the last month or so, when they
check a return in in the morning, they normally don't pick the next title until
the afternoon and ship it until the next day.

It used to be in the morning they would check it in and pick the next one and
send it out that afternoon.

Plus, I mailed three back on Sunday, from the same mailbox. One got credited
as a return on Monday, so far today they got the second and the third is still
out there.

Normally I get 5 a week (I'm on the 5 at a time plan). This week, I'll be
lucky if I get 2 and all 5 were returned in enough time to get 5 this week.