Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Screenshots of a DVD

Screenshots of a DVD

Ina Koys

Hi guys,

I'd like to do some screenshots of certain scenes and tryed to use the
tools normally working with any program. But what ever I did, I
photographed a black screen where the video should be. What I now could
do, was ripping the whole movie and then do shots with the video editor.
I also tryed that one, but the quality was poor, I possibly didn't have
enough memory (480 MB on WinXP).
I wouldn't mind to rip the DVD, but in fact I only want the shots.

Any advice welcome

Ina

Tony soprano

"Ina Koys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5k0b0$mc6$05$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to do some screenshots of certain scenes and tryed to use the
> tools normally working with any program. But what ever I did, I
> photographed a black screen where the video should be. What I now could
> do, was ripping the whole movie and then do shots with the video editor.
> I also tryed that one, but the quality was poor, I possibly didn't have
> enough memory (480 MB on WinXP).
> I wouldn't mind to rip the DVD, but in fact I only want the shots.
>
> Any advice welcome
>
> Ina

Power DVD will let you do screen captures.

T.

--
"Logout, that cookie **** makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano

Adrian S. Kuiper

"Tony soprano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ina Koys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c5k0b0$mc6$05$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'd like to do some screenshots of certain scenes and tryed to use the
> > tools normally working with any program. But what ever I did, I
> > photographed a black screen where the video should be. What I now could
> > do, was ripping the whole movie and then do shots with the video editor.
> > I also tryed that one, but the quality was poor, I possibly didn't have
> > enough memory (480 MB on WinXP).
> > I wouldn't mind to rip the DVD, but in fact I only want the shots.
> >
> > Any advice welcome
> >
> > Ina
> >

> Power DVD will let you do screen captures.
>
> T.
>
> --
> "Logout, that cookie **** makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano

Win DVD 5 also lets you do screen capture merely by clicking
the mouse button.

ask

Mark W

"Ina Koys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5k0b0$mc6$05$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to do some screenshots of certain scenes and tryed to use the
> tools normally working with any program. But what ever I did, I
> photographed a black screen where the video should be. What I now could
> do, was ripping the whole movie and then do shots with the video editor.
> I also tryed that one, but the quality was poor, I possibly didn't have
> enough memory (480 MB on WinXP).
> I wouldn't mind to rip the DVD, but in fact I only want the shots.
>
> Any advice welcome
>
> Ina

Try turning off 'hardware acceleration' on your video card in control panel,
and try again.

Ina Koys

Tony soprano wrote:

> Power DVD will let you do screen captures.

Thanks, it works!

Ina

extract text from screen or screenshots... Sue Java 6 08-03-2005 07:28 PM
Automatik Screenshots of Websites Matthias Pospiech HTML 22 01-09-2005 01:43 PM
Ctrl-V pastes screenshots, not selected text jjshabadoo Computer Support 1 08-30-2004 07:17 PM
PDM 4.0 screenshots Poop Poop Cisco 0 03-04-2004 02:08 AM
Screenshots please Toby A Inkster HTML 4 07-05-2003 10:35 PM

Advertisments