Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Trek TOS - DVD Boxed Sets?

Star Trek TOS - DVD Boxed Sets?

Philbyİ

Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original Series DVD
will be in boxed sets?

Philby

Douglas Bailey

Philbyİ wrote:
> Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original Series DVD
> will be in boxed sets?

I've heard December 2004 rumoured, but nothing firm or official yet.

doug

--
"Ah, but I have secrets; and there's a story in me -- it starts..."
--Wire

jayembee

"Philbyİ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
>Series DVD will be in boxed sets?

Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.

I hope to God that Paramount will include the original mono
soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't buy them.

-- jayembee

Roger Zoul

jayembee wrote:
:: "Philbyİ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
::
::: Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
::: Series DVD will be in boxed sets?
::
:: Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.
::
:: I hope to God that Paramount will include the original mono
:: soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't buy them.

How many episodes will they include per disc?

Brian

This late fall early winter...
"Philbyİ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original Series DVD
> will be in boxed sets?
>
> Philby

Brian

It is OFFICIAL..when you get Voyager on DVD, there is a small ad on the back
saying TOS was coming late 2004.

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Philbyİ wrote:
> > Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original Series

DVD
> > will be in boxed sets?

> I've heard December 2004 rumoured, but nothing firm or official yet.
>
> doug
>
> --
> "Ah, but I have secrets; and there's a story in me -- it starts..."
> --Wire

jayembee

"Roger Zoul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How many episodes will they include per disc?

I would assume that if they're issued in complete season sets, then
they'll have 4 eps per disc in order to keep down the number of discs
in each set.

-- jayembee

Ronald Cole

jayembee <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "Philbyİ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
>>Series DVD will be in boxed sets?

> Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.
>
> I hope to God that Paramount will include the original mono
> soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't buy them.

And use the correct intros on the first six discs. Paramount,
seemingly repulsed by the scratchy negatives, used the third season
intro on the first six discs. There was a blurb about it in Star Trek
Communicator or Star Trek: The Magazine at the time.

And if they don't, then at least I've got the laserdiscs if I want to
see them as originally broadcast and not re-edited together with a
totally different soundtrack.

Ronald Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> Phone: (760) 499-9142
President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

jayembee

Ronald Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And if they don't, then at least I've got the laserdiscs
> if I want to see them as originally broadcast and not
> re-edited together with a totally different soundtrack.

Same here.

-- jayembee

Joseph S. Powell, III

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Philbyİ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
> >Series DVD will be in boxed sets?

> Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.
>
> I hope to God that Paramount will include the original mono
> soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't buy them.
>
> -- jayembee

I would think there would be more of a demand for TOS than for V'ger....
Regarding the soundtrack, I don't mind the original mono track as long as a
remixed 5.1 (or at least plain stereo) track is also included.....I suppose
commentary tracks would be too much to hope for, but if Bill Shatner's so
hard up for cash that he'll do those Priceline commercials, perhaps
Paramount can get him cheap (and maybe Leonard, too...).