Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Poll: Most Obscure DVD title in your collection

Poll: Most Obscure DVD title in your collection

DigitalDeude

KING B MAN wrote:

> What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?
> MIne would be a toss-up between
> The Aphyx-uncut. widescreen, excellent print quality from ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT
> before Image bought them out
>
> and a rare Australian film called Resistance.
> Yours?
> Mike
> Order your copy of the Monster Club DVD today.
> And now an act of shameless promotion.
> Check my website on the best and the worst of British films for sale.
> http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

Stalingrad. Not that obscure really, but it's the most obscure in my
small, pitiful collection of 79 DVD's.

Bill

Hands down, it would have to be "The Eyes of Tammy Faye"-- a surprisingly
well-made, sympathetic, and even touching Cinemax documentary about Tammy
Faye Bakker.

> KING B MAN wrote:
>
> > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

Dogger the Filmgoblin

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)iespam (KING B MAN) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

"What Happened Was..." an excellent low-budget film directed by Tom
Noonan, that I first saw at the Toronto Film Festival in 1994. It
hasn't even been released on DVD ... but when I contacted Mr. Noonan
inquiring about whether it would ever be released, he offered to sell
me a copy personally, through the mail, and I accepted. No fancy
packaging, just a PC burn with his own signature on the top. I doubt
you can get much more obscure than an actual unreleased title.

But if that doesn't count for some reason, the most obscure movie in
my collection would then be 'Man Bites Dog'.

DB.

LASERandDVDfan

Cinematics from the PS-2 game "Final Fantasy X" spread on two dvds from a
Chinese distributor.

Panasonic "All about selling DVD" sales training disc. - Reinhart

jpeabody

(E-Mail Removed)iespam (KING B MAN) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

I guess mine is The Story of Ricky. It's some sort of bootleg or
something, I think, or else from a very bad company. It's not even
playable on my DVD player, I have to watch it at a friend's house.
Few people know this movie, but if you say it's where that
head-crushing clip from the Kilborn version of The Daily Show came
from, people get it. The whole movie is like that. I half expect to
see stuff like that in Kill Bill V. 2.

ominousspiritous

....And God Spoke. The absolute worst film description ever on the back of a
DVD. the studio put it out because fans harassed studio folks at the behest
of the producer. One of my all time fav. films.

Pick a Hal Hartley film.

The Trial starring Anthony Hopkins.

The Grey Zone

Red Rock West

KING B MAN

Got mine from Half.com.
I kept reading aboutr how great this little known film is, so I bought it used.
IMHO a worthwhile investment.

>Ack! Are you referring to http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0105237/ ??
>
>Where did you get it?

Order your copy of the Monster Club DVD today.
And now an act of shameless promotion.
Check my website on the best and the worst of British films for sale.
http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

Vlvetmorning98

I own a collection of miscellaneous animated short films from Cal Arts and UCLA
on 3 DVD's.

rigor

i just saw this thread and it seemed interesting. my most obscure
dvd in my collection has to be "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter"

> > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?
> > MIne would be a toss-up between
> > The Aphyx-uncut. widescreen, excellent print quality from ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT
> > before Image bought them out
> >
> > and a rare Australian film called Resistance.
> > Yours?
> > Mike
> > Order your copy of the Monster Club DVD today.
> > And now an act of shameless promotion.
> > Check my website on the best and the worst of British films for sale.
> > http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

> Stalingrad. Not that obscure really, but it's the most obscure in my
> small, pitiful collection of 79 DVD's.

djskyler

"KING B MAN" wrote
> What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?
> MIne would be a toss-up between
> The Aphyx-uncut. widescreen, excellent print quality from ALL DAY

ENTERTAINMENT
> before Image bought them out
>
> and a rare Australian film called Resistance.
> Yours?
> Mike

It's difficult to judge what others would judge as obscure, as anything I
obtain has value to me. I'll guess my most obscure is:

Train Ride to Hollywood (1975) - A comedy featuring the band Bloodstone

The runners up are:

Times Square (1980) - Punk girls run rampant in New York
Wonderful Land of Oz/Jack & the Beanstalk (1970) - SWV release of family
films produced by a former pornographer
Zachariah ( 1971) - Rock western written by Firesign Theater members
Drive-In (1976) - bootleg DVD of the smalltown Texsas comedy/disaster film
satire