Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Fox Studio Classics collection

Fox Studio Classics collection

Mike Kohary

I'm looking at Fox's new Studio Classics release:

Best Picture Collection (Sunrise / How Green Was My Valley / Gentleman's
Agreement / All About Eve)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B0000AINLS/

Does anyone have this or have seen it, and can anyone comment on the quality
of the transfers? Was any restoration done? I'm not expecting miracles,
but are the titles watchable? Thanks,

Mike

G-Man

Restoration was done and the transfers are excellent!

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5ep5n$ir0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking at Fox's new Studio Classics release:
>
> Best Picture Collection (Sunrise / How Green Was My Valley / Gentleman's
> Agreement / All About Eve)
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B0000AINLS/
>
> Does anyone have this or have seen it, and can anyone comment on the

quality
> of the transfers? Was any restoration done? I'm not expecting miracles,
> but are the titles watchable? Thanks,
>
> Mike

jayembee

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm looking at Fox's new Studio Classics release:
>
>Best Picture Collection (Sunrise / How Green Was My Valley / Gentleman's
>Agreement / All About Eve)
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B0000AINLS/
>
>Does anyone have this or have seen it, and can anyone comment on the quality
>of the transfers?

I haven't seen the Collection itself, but I have each of the films as
separate Studio Classics releases.

> Was any restoration done? I'm not expecting miracles, but are the titles
>watchable? Thanks,

Yes, restoration was done, and the transfers are excellent. Each one
is a new transfer, improved from the previous DVD release (except
SUNRISE, which is new to DVD).

-- jayembee

Mike Kohary

Thanks Jay and G-Man - added to my wishlist.

Mike

news(E-Mail Removed)...