Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Matrix 3

Matrix 3

Lord Vader III

Chris McCabe wrote:

> and confuse the stupid.

You were confused?

LVIII

Mischa van Dinter

On 12 Apr 2004 17:31:54 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jordan Lund)
wrote:

>"Man On Stairs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<UQiec.1261$(E-Mail Removed) m>...
>> What a boring, confusing, annoying load of *******s!
>> What the hell was the point of this movie?

>I actually thought the third one was very well done. Not as good as
>the first one, no derivative work ever will be, but it was much better
>than the second one.

The first one WAS derivative. Enjoyable, but nothing you couldn't have
seen before in other movies.

Mischa

Rob McCartney

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...

> It was pretentious and cliched. There were no real surprises in the
> story at all. There were some interesting parts, such as the whole
> sentinel attack and the hovercraft chase.
>
> Yes, I like action, but I also like story. And this story was no
> masterpiece.

Pretty vague. What was pretentious about it? Specifically?
Clichéd? Show me 1 movie in the last, say, 20 years, that isn't "clichéd"
from some movie before it. Every movie/TV show/book/song is "inspired" (if
you like) by something that came before it...everything is a cliché
now-a-days. However, I thought there was much in the Matrix Trilogy that was
either a new spin on an old idea or a completely new idea altogether.

I gather, then, by saying the sentinel attack of Zion and the hovercraft
chases were some of the "interesting parts" of the film, that "action"
outweighs "story" in your personal barometer? You say you like story, but
with all that's going on in the Matrix films, across all three films, how
one ties into the other, back and forth, that you either didn't "get it" or
lost track of it during the "action" scenes.

I'm not knocking your tastes, everyone's entitled to their own taste, and
it's not wrong, but I think what is wrong is to belittle others for their
tastes not matching your taste. This is not directed at you specifically,
but in general to the group because all I see any more is "I liked such and
such movie" then reply upon reply of "That movie sucked" or "You're an idiot
for liking that movie" or "How could anyone like that movie, you must be
gay"....it's so tiring.

Justin

Rob McCartney wrote on [Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:00:33 -0400]:

> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
>>
>> It was pretentious and cliched. There were no real surprises in the
>> story at all. There were some interesting parts, such as the whole
>> sentinel attack and the hovercraft chase.
>>
>> Yes, I like action, but I also like story. And this story was no
>> masterpiece.

> Pretty vague. What was pretentious about it? Specifically?

It wanted to be all it was hyped to be, thought it was, and was far from
it.

> Clichéd? Show me 1 movie in the last, say, 20 years, that isn't "clichéd"
> from some movie before it.

That's true. Yet most try and do *something* different.

> now-a-days. However, I thought there was much in the Matrix Trilogy that was
> either a new spin on an old idea or a completely new idea altogether.

I saw nothing new in it.

> I gather, then, by saying the sentinel attack of Zion and the hovercraft
> chases were some of the "interesting parts" of the film, that "action"
> outweighs "story" in your personal barometer? You say you like story, but
> with all that's going on in the Matrix films, across all three films, how
> one ties into the other, back and forth, that you either didn't "get it" or
> lost track of it during the "action" scenes.

Oh no, I "got it", it was just predictable and slow. There were no
surprises.

Chris McCabe

yah, i got lost somewhere around the blue and red pill part. i thought,
"what the hell? why would someone take a pill? i just don't get it."
that part towards the beginning when he got the cell phone fed-exed to
him though . . . that was pretty damn cool. whoa.

and welcome back, by the way.