Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD-ROM + CDRW Drive Recommendation?

DVD-ROM + CDRW Drive Recommendation?

Lucky Dog

Hello:

I'm in the market for a new DVD-ROM + CDRW Drive for my computer. I
would like some recommendation on what brand to get. Any suggestions
is appreciated.

Thank you!

Rich Clark

"Lucky Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> I'm in the market for a new DVD-ROM + CDRW Drive for my computer. I
> would like some recommendation on what brand to get. Any suggestions
> is appreciated.

It's time to just get a DVD burner. Even if you're on a budget you can buy a
4x DVD+R burner for $60 or so that will play and burn DVDs and CDs.

RichC

Non

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:50:26 -0400, "Rich Clark"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Lucky Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm in the market for a new DVD-ROM + CDRW Drive for my computer. I
>> would like some recommendation on what brand to get. Any suggestions
>> is appreciated.

>It's time to just get a DVD burner. Even if you're on a budget you can buy a
>4x DVD+R burner for $60 or so that will play and burn DVDs and CDs.
>
>RichC

He's right. Best deal right now is the NEC2500 DVD burner for aroound
$81 shipped at newegg.com

Don't waste your time with a "combo" drive, they're a dying breed.