Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network Connection won't connect

Wireless Network Connection won't connect

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 14:16:01 -0800, "Evola"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Please help ! My lap top has wireless connection Intel R/Pro 2200 and
>Although I think I have configured everything correctly Windows cannot
>connect to the wireless router and my provider is unable to complete setup
>through the disc as it cannot connect to the router?. The bottom task bar
>shows a red cross on the connection and the 'Network Connections ' page
>shows the Wireless Connection as not connected.
>What do I need to do to make it connect

Start here - http://www.ezlan.net

=?Utf-8?B?RXZvbGE=?=

Please help ! My lap top has wireless connection Intel R/Pro 2200 and
Although I think I have configured everything correctly Windows cannot
connect to the wireless router and my provider is unable to complete setup
through the disc as it cannot connect to the router?. The bottom task bar
shows a red cross on the connection and the 'Network Connections ' page
shows the Wireless Connection as not connected.

What do I need to do to make it connect

Jack

Hi

It seems that you have only Wireless computer.

Read this first, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#onewire

If you can use temporary wire this might help.

In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
these steps.

Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost

Step Two Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify If the above two Steps indicates that
every thing looks good but functionally it does not work.

Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet

If need to Reinstall; Log to this page it have a lot of links to
instructions for Windows Network
Installation -http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...