Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Revenge Of The Pink Panther - Music missing?

New Revenge Of The Pink Panther - Music missing?

PW

Great. Now I have to hang on to my old copy of
Revenge Of The Pink Panther.

This is actually my favorite one out of all the
Pink Panther movies, so when I bought the new
DVD collection today, I watched this one first.

There is the scene where Closeau tells Kato
to "Warm up the Silver Hornet!", and the scene
cuts to Clouseau's car driving off out of the
driveway and falling apart.

I always laughed at this scene because
Mancini's musical score here adds to the humor
by starting off "majestic" sounding and then just
collapsing into noise, along with the car.

On the new DVD this music is totally gone!
Which to me totally ruins the humor in the scene.
It is just not the same.
What, did someone in remastering just decide to remove it?
And I can't see this as being a rights issue.

Glad I watched it before I got rid of my old copy
at CD Warehouse....did anyone else notice this?
And I wonder if any other of the DVDs contain missing music?

Thanks!

Wade365

I'm deeply troubled... I loved those movies and I would hate to see Edwards'
genius changed in any way no matter how slight. Mancini's music is critical to
those movies.

Jeffman

Any word on changes to others in the set.
I would hate to sell my other copies and find things missing.

Thanks!
Jeffman

PW

OK, now I'm officially baffled.

The music remains intact in the scene...
if you switch over to the French or Spanish language tracks!

It's just not present in the 5.1, or Dolby 2.0 tracks.

Someone slipped up in mastering this disc!
Guess I'll just hang on to my old copy...

Jeffman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns94C4D7D7158CAjeffman316@216.196.97.142>.. .
> Any word on changes to others in the set.
> I would hate to sell my other copies and find things missing.
>
> Thanks!
> Jeffman

Stroke of Eight

>OK, now I'm officially baffled.
>
>The music remains intact in the scene...
>if you switch over to the French or Spanish language tracks!
>
>It's just not present in the 5.1, or Dolby 2.0 tracks.
>
>Someone slipped up in mastering this disc!
>Guess I'll just hang on to my old copy...

Been following this thread with interest, as I haven't yet traded my individual
MGM "Panther" DVDs for the new set... can you provide a time reference for the
scene with the absent music?

New releases: Pink Panther Blitz, Cry Baby & Titus: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 04-26-2005 04:50 AM
Any differences between Pink Panther set and single DVDs? Jeffman DVD Video 0 04-08-2004 11:38 PM
New Releases: The Cooler, Pink Panther & The Dodgers: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 01-24-2004 05:10 AM
Pink Panther collection J.P. DVD Video 4 01-17-2004 10:50 AM
Another wish: Pink Panther Aaron J. Bossig DVD Video 8 11-13-2003 06:19 AM

Advertisments