Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > video 2 dvd pls help

video 2 dvd pls help

david

Using a lap top i need i know i need some sort of external capture periphial
2 capture video images onto my hard drive.

I have seen some in the shops for around 100. it seems to do everything i
want, but does anyone know if i record images onto my hard drive
from pre recorded vhs tapes, i would like to put my old vhs collection onto
dvd but im not sure if the copy written protection on some vhs would allow
it.
I remember the pld days when a recorded image from a pre licensed tape would
flash light and dark. Would this happen with the kind of tool im after?

Also any suggestions of hardware to buy would be handy.

Many thanks.