Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Can a DVD Karaoke pitch control work with music CDs ?

Can a DVD Karaoke pitch control work with music CDs ?

nilanjan

Hi experts !

I recently purchased a DVD Karaoke player with pitch control. ( it is
Daewoo) .
But my Karaoke music is all in audio CDs. The pitch control works
when I play DVDs but does not work with Audio CDs .

Any idea if it is possible?

[ the mailing list will give you an idea of my frustation ]]

Thanks a lot in advance.

nilanjan

Anyone ?
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (nilanjan) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Hi experts !
>
> I recently purchased a DVD Karaoke player with pitch control. ( it is
> Daewoo) .
> But my Karaoke music is all in audio CDs. The pitch control works
> when I play DVDs but does not work with Audio CDs .
>
> Any idea if it is possible?
>
> [ the mailing list will give you an idea of my frustation ]]
>

> Thanks a lot in advance.

Bob Cain

nilanjan wrote:

> Anyone ?
> (E-Mail Removed) (nilanjan) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
>
>>Hi experts !
>>
>>I recently purchased a DVD Karaoke player with pitch control. ( it is
>>Daewoo) .
>> But my Karaoke music is all in audio CDs. The pitch control works
>>when I play DVDs but does not work with Audio CDs .
>>
>>Any idea if it is possible?
>>
>>[ the mailing list will give you an idea of my frustation ]]
>>

>> Thanks a lot in advance.

I can't think of any reason at all why, once the sound is in
the digital domain, it couldn't be as well (or as poorly)
scaled in pitch or time from one medium or the other.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Logan Shaw

nilanjan wrote:
> I recently purchased a DVD Karaoke player with pitch control. ( it is
> Daewoo) .
> But my Karaoke music is all in audio CDs. The pitch control works
> when I play DVDs but does not work with Audio CDs .
>
> Any idea if it is possible?

Yes, it's possible. If I understand pitch shifting correctly, it's just
a fast fourier transform, then some simple arithmetic, then another FFT
to transform the signal back to amplitude vs. time.

Whether your equipment has the feature or not is something I have
no idea about. Nor likely will much of anyone else in rec.audio.pro.

- Logan, who would probably turn on Auto-Tune (without happening
to mention this to anyone) if he ran Karaoke stuff...

nilanjan

So does anyone have any experience with a Karaoke DVD player to
control Pitch on a regular audio CD ??

[ my pitch control works with DVDs but not AudioCDs ]