Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Invalid Block Address Error with Nero = Many Coasters

Invalid Block Address Error with Nero = Many Coasters

Lucky Dog

Hi,

I've been able to somewhat making backup copies of my son's anime
DVD's with my Khypermedia Combo 8X DVD+RW / 24X CD-RW drive for a
while. The drive was brand new when I purchased it and I've had it for
about 2 months. I don't do the backup very often. So far I've made
about 11 backups.

Since about 3-4 days ago I've been making nothing but coasters. I use
DVDShrink along with Nero 6.3.0.3 which came with the drive. Sometimes
the burn process would to go about 2% and failed with the "Invalid
Block Address" message. Sometimes it would get up to about 50% then
failed. I used no name blank DVD disks which worked fine before, but I
was able to burn at 4X only. I've never been able to burn at 8X, ever.

I run Windows 2000 with 40 GB HD drive, 2 partitions of 20 GB each. I
have 128 RAM. Any ideas why this error started recently? Is the drive
failing or do I need to reinstall the software or what?

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

Best Use of DVD 'coasters' Luhan Monat DVD Video 17 05-13-2005 03:01 PM
Repairing coasters Bill Turner DVD Video 7 01-30-2005 08:27 PM
DVD+R Coasters Bev & Russ DVD Video 5 12-03-2003 09:21 PM
HELP>>>> I'M BURNING COASTERS BY THE DOZEN Darren M Taylor DVD Video 21 11-16-2003 01:37 AM
Need help to NOT make coasters Robert Solomon DVD Video 4 11-12-2003 05:45 AM

Advertisments